Monday, March 21, 2022

Lankester Gardens



Today marks the first day of Spring and four weeks of war for Ukraine. Sigh. There but for the grace of God go I....

Life is better here. The spring melt is underway. What lies beneath? Crackly grass resembling thread-bare wash towels that have been laundered and bleached way too many times. I can't wait for fresh tulips and sleepy tree buds. But first, I have news...


 The Costa Rican travel magazine Ballena Tales (which means Whale Tales), published my article and photos about Dominicalito beach last week. The event happened with serendipity, and for an aspiring author, getting published in any shape or form is a big deal. I hope you'll click over to read my short story. My first publication credit! 

Now follow my feet through Lankester Gardens near Orosi, Costa Rica. It's spring there too. Although, is spring really spring without winter?



Be careful, or they'll put you to work...


















I bought this necklace in the gift shop. Still loved, but unworn. 






 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

19 comments:

Little Wandering Wren said...

Congratulations Sharon that's awesome! I read your beach short story, and I enjoyed it very much. I hope one day to be walking there barefoot on that beach myself!
I enjoyed my wander at Lankester Gardens too, especially the orchids my favourites!
Have a great week
Wren x

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Congratulations on having your article published!
Your photos are so beautiful.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Costa Rica is fabulous. And Congrats on the publication. I will click over right away! …. I am so tempted to steal your line “But is it Really Spring Without Winter?” Because, as you know, we don’t have much of the latter here in SW Florida either! So I am just kind of pretending there is a seasonal change ! (And I would never steal your words really, not ever! ). Off to read your published ones right now, thanks for sharing and hosting.

kwarkito said...

Merci pour ces magnifiques photos si solaires et si colorées

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That necklace is gorgeous and just the kind I love to wear. How wonderful to have your article published and we all love the photos you share! What a wonderful life we have and I've very thankful for it too.

Lydia C. Lee said...

It is a big deal!! Congratulations!! yes, you should feel proud. It's a pat on the back and recognition, which in this game can be few and far between. That's very exciting. As for this week's photos, they're lovely as usual!

DJan said...

I will read it, but I will also need to gaze at these spectacular pictures a bit longer first. Congratulations! :-)

Amila said...

Congratulations on publishing your article, I read it and it is with spectacular pictures too.
This park looks beautiful and I like all these flower pictures.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Congratulations on the article, Sharon. I read it and a few others too. The barefoot life sounds dreamy when all I've been wearing lately is boots. Have you ever considered moving to Costa Rica? I loved all your flower and orchid flower photos

Handmade in Israel said...

Beautiful flower pics. Well done on being published! I will hop on over now to take a look...

Gattina said...

Beautiful flower pictures (and cactus) It cheers me up to see that spring is arriving slowly !

Gardens at Waters East said...

Some of those flower photos are fantastic! Congratulations on being publishes!

Angie said...

Sharon - I just clicked over and read your piece. Congratulations!!! I also enjoyed this post of the Garden, especially the orchids! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

Yvonne said...

Beautiful gardens to walk through with you. Having your article published is a big deal to me. Congratulations!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Congratulations on your article getting published. What a thrill!!
Your photos are wonderful!!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

That's awesome! Congratulations!! I love that close up photo of the agave. That's print worthy!

Photo Cache said...

What good news! Congratulations!

The orchids are so pretty.

Worth a Thousand Words

Light and Voices said...

Greetings and Salutations! Congratulations. You certainly deserve it. Take care.

Mary Kirkland said...

I love all the greenery. It's so pretty.