Monday, February 15, 2021

Placencia: Part 1


 Did you notice that something salty and soft was missing from my Belize posts over the past year?  French fries? Anchovies? 

Water!

But not just any old lake or stream...the caribbean. We love Placencia. It has culture and heart. Soul. Still, you're just a sailboat away from snorkeling at sea. There's Tutti Frutti gelato and late night cinnamon rolls. (see below) There's One Barrel and Cuello rum. We've created so many cocktails over the years, like a tintum: skunky red wine and rum became an infamous, sangria-like martini. There's the T. L. C.  I don't know what the "L" stands for, (love perhaps?) but the "T" is for tequila and the "C" is for cactus paddle -  as in Sanpellegrino orange and cactus paddle drink. Now, after a night at Barefoot Bar on Placencia beach, we have rum and coconut water. Yum! We didn't create this delight, but it has started a new craze. In Costa Rica, we brought a pitcher from our digs, dumping 3-4, farmer's market coconuts for later use. So refreshing. Even without rum. This week, follow our traveling spirits...



After Barefoot Bar, we followed a complete stranger to the cinnamon roll dude - just because the perfect stranger stopped us with a query: "Hey, do you like cinnamon rolls?" 












I love this photo. It looks like a painitng, but it's simply a reflection.





A surfboard shrine!

Stay tuned...




 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

27 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Such fun memories and photos of Belize, Sharon. Those cinnamon rolls...mmmmmmm! I'd love one now!

DJan said...

I love ALL your photos, not just the reflection. Your eye never fails to see the beauty all around you, and then sharing it with your fans. :-)

Tanza Erlambang said...

Rotweiner sounds a dangerous critter...

Thank you for sharing beautiful photos and interesting story

DUTA said...

The cinnamon rolls look yummy! I also like the sign warning of the dog; nice drawing!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

You have such an eye. Wonderful photos, I loved crookedly reflection especially!!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Wonderful photos! The photo of the hibiscus is just gorgeous! Thank you! Your post is a bright part of this snowy day here!

Photo Cache said...

Beautiful photos. I especially love the first one.

Worth a Thousand Words

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I like the way you drink.. Oops, I mean think. And eat. And see. And photograph it all.

Gillena Cox said...

Happy mosaic Monday. Lovely pics
I am #20 on the linky today

Muchđź’—love

Angie said...

Sharon - I am not quite ready for winter to be over, but when it is, I sure would like to go to the beach! Thanks for sharing these warm, sunny photos with everyone at Mosaic Monday!

Lady Fi said...

Lovely!

Shiju Sugunan said...

Beautiful pics!

Fun60 said...

It sounds a lifetime away.

Susie of Arabia said...

What a delightful collection of photos. I really love the reflection, the surfboard shrine and the Beware of Rottweiner sign. Have a good week!

Duwan @MakeLikeAnApeman said...

Love the picture of the pier. I spent a week in Placencia 10 years ago for my friend's 50th birthday celebration. My friend rented a great big house for us to all stay in and we had a big time drinking, eating, dancing, snorkeling, kayaking. Never saw the cinnamon roll guy, though. A beautiful place.

Mary Kirkland said...

Rottweiner. lol

I wouldn't have followed them to cinnamon roll man too. LOL

Loved the pictures.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

as usual Sharon I had a great time with you on the water - wonderful post!

Joanne said...

Those cinnamon rolls look amazing! Whoever you followed it was well worth it.

Peabea Scribbles said...

The dog is hilarious. I would love a cinnamon role.

Kalpana said...

I loved being transported to Belize. I'll definitely post travel photos on my blog next Monday - I'd love to participate in this blog hop.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

So many delicious treat, the rum and coconut water, cinnamon rolls sound yummy. I like the surfboard shrine and the little rottweiner. Great series, sounds like a fun time. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. I am sorry I am late commenting. Have a great day and a happy days ahead.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

The first photo just totally pulled me in. Impossible not to wander out the boardwalk over the water, and perhaps relax in the shade at the end!

Light and Voices said...

Greetings and Salutations from Illinois! Agreed the first photograph spoke to me. Be safe on your travels.

VENTANA DE FOTO said...

El azul del mar rivaliza con el azul del cielo.

Feliz fin de semana.

Dave said...

You have a good eye for an image
The reflection is cool, how many people would have passed it without even seeing it

betty-NZ said...

These are wonderful mementos! We are attracted by similar things for photos. The post reflection is awesome :)

It's great to see your link at 'My Corner of the World' this week!

Rhodesia said...

Lovely set of photos and so cheering as we sit here in France in what eels like permanent lockdown. Keep well Diane