Monday, March 14, 2022

Florida: Part 3



Day 17

Fishing on Lover's Key.

The demise of the weathered sentinels of Lover's Key is nye. I wish the island could import some dead trees from Botany Bay to decorate the sand. (I'm envisioning the scene from Lord of the Rings right now, where the giant trees around the shire unite to fight, carrying one of the hobbits on their wise old limbs) Maybe the trees could amble  there on their own! 

The fisherman above was enjoying the ancient roots physically, while I'm happy leaving a seashell offering nestled somewhere on the dried and mangled grey flesh.

Follow my limbs...


Day 18

A  flamingo-pink motel still exists in posh old Naples. 


Day 19


Day 20


Day 21

Manatee mailbox


Day 22

The jelly - bottom left - was bigger than a basketball!


Day 23

Day 23 was spent back at home. 

I found this retro souvenir recently, while sifting through basement boxes. My love of travel started early. The T.V. has faded photos inside, like a viewfinder. 

I think this photo is the perfect way to end my winter Florida trip!







 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

14 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We are living in FL full time now and we love it! I would enjoy spending more time at the beach but today I was out at a preserve and that was pretty awesome too. I love hunting for seashells!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

All your photos are special, Sharon. I love the manatee mailbox and the little boy fishing reminded me of Huckleberry Finn. I also love beachcombing and would return with a pocket full of treasures, I'm sure.

Amila said...

All these are beautiful photos. Manatee mailbox is interesting. Starfish is wonderful too.
Thanks for hosting & have a great day!

Angie said...

Sharon - love that flamingo-pink motel! And the bird picture that appears to have been taken with a fisheye lens - inspired! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

Amy Johnson said...

Oh I love that pink hotel. I love flamingos. I stayed in the flamingo hotel when I was in Vegas and I bought a flamingo glass figurine as a souvenir when I was there. Thanks for the party.

EricaSta said...

Wonderful, I wished, I could be there. Thank you for sharing.

Happy MosaicMonday

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Love your beach scenes; that gnarly tree root is fantastic ... hope you aren't suffering too much from the cold at home! Not sure I even should have linked this week since day trips from our Florida home aren't really traveling, but for right now they are as much travel as we're doing . Someday .... (however, as your beautiful posts have pointed out so well, we are in a pretty sweet place not to be traveling. (If that makes sense. Actually you may be in trouble if it does ;) Thanks for hosting.

Lydia C. Lee said...

That shot with the birds is fabulous!

Einari Sinappi said...

Love that pink motel. The first one is also a great photo.

Mary Kirkland said...

When I lived in California I saw some really big jellyfish on the beach. Loved your pictures.

VENTANA DE FOTO said...

Me encantan tus fotos y sobretodo la fotografía número 3.

Besos

Spare Parts and Pics said...

I love the retro TV, the pink motel, the manatee mailbox... the whole post!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love the retro tv, the flamingo hotel. Yes I'd say you had a great trip.

Joyful said...

So many beautiful photos. I think the first one is my favourite because the young fisherman is totally engrossed in what he is doing. I hope he caught some fish ;-)