Monday, May 17, 2021

Placencia: Part 3



“To reach a port we must set sail –
Sail, not tie at anchor
Sail, not drift.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt

This is my last post from Belize, 2020. We sailed the sea, explored Mayan ruins and communed with jungle flora, fauna and rum: Coconut water and One Barrel Rum - Crazy good; Mango juice, spicy ginger ale and rum - Yum!

a) Belize has the best chocolate bread: Cheers Restaurant
b) Belize has the best hot sauce: Marie Sharp's
c) Belize speaks my native tongue! But it's a melting pot of souls.
d) Belize has the best wheat bread: The French Bakery in San Ignacio. 
e) Belize has the best smelling soap: Rosa Venus from the grocery store. It smells like a rose garden.
f) Belize has lots of rum!
g) Belize has more fun things to do than any other country in Central America: ancient caves with spooky skeletons, mysterious Mayan ruins, first class snorkeling, islands of fun. It's a foodie paradise. Follow our feet...











A necklace bobble made from a conch shell. See below. 






The end.

I left the book Gringo Nightmare at the airport. But for us, it was a sweet dream.





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

20 comments:

Life's a shoe said...

beautiful photos! That sunset looks gorgeous!


Life is a Shoe

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Belize sounds and looks so delightful!

DJan said...

As always, your photos leave me breathless in their beauty! Wow and wow again...

DUTA said...

wow! what a place! Even the name 'Belize' sounds rather unique.
It seems to have a lot of "the best" (bread, rum, soap,hot sauce...).
I like the poster of "Ask for Big Titty" ; it's funny and attractive!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How interesting! I've never thought of traveling to Belize but it sounds wonderful the way you describe it! I love so many things you mention and would like to try some of the others! I love good bread and sweet scented soap!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

It's so lovely there -- makes me want to dig out my very old photo album from our stay there. I am so glad it is still the beautiful melting pot that we remembmer.

Jill Harrison said...

I love those shots of the sails, and the colourful doors and shutters. Happy travels, stay safe and enjoy your week, and thank you again for the link up.

Fun60 said...

You've definitely sold it to me. One day, maybe.

Klara said...

beautiful post with gorgeous photos.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Beautiful photos, Belize was one of my favorite places to visit.
You have many wonderful memories! Thanks for linking up and sharing your post.
Take care, enjoy your day! Have a great week ahead!

Anni said...

Your bird looks like a tropical mockingbird ... Is it? We saw them in Jamaica.

Thanks for sharing with us at IRBB, Sharon

Anni @ I'd Rather B Birdin'

Lydia C. Lee said...

That looks fantastic!! And even better, for the first time in about a year my virus software has let me come to your blog!!

Angie said...

Sharon - we have only been to Belize once, and that was to one of the Cayes. We also had two young kids in tow. I think a return trip, especially to the mainland, is in order! Thanks for inspiring me and everyone at Mosaic Monday with your photos!

Mary Kirkland said...

Your pictures are always so beautiful.

Lillian "sognafaret" said...

The sun is never wrong

betty-NZ said...

Such wonderful images! Maybe someday I will visit.

I appreciate your link at 'My Corner of the World' this week!

Tanya Breese said...

Love that colorful little building!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

I've never been to Belize, but after reading your post and seeing your post, I really badly want to go!!!

Susie of Arabia said...

Such wonderful memories of a fantastic trip

Amy Johnson said...

It looks like an amazing vacation.