Monday, May 10, 2021

Beautiful Baru Beach


“Fill your life with experiences, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show” Anonymous


I love this photo. 
Only one person was walking on this end of the beach, and she was camera-ready. Covid was not a concern on this Costa Rica beach. At Baru, pelicans strafe the waves like crop-dusting planes, crabs scurry into sandy burrows like side-winding cats, and Scarlet Macaws soar through the skies in perfect military formation. 


The drive to Baru Beach was a wet and wild ride. On drier days, we like to go bird watching on this road. 


The other end of the beach. The specks to the left are possible covid carriers. (and a dog) No worries here either. Only virgin sand waiting for footprints.







Weird sea creature: Eel.


I love this photo! There were seventeen Scarlet Macaws flying high over Baru beach. I aimed and caught two pairs in focus. Sigh. Seeing Scarlet Macaws in the wild brings joy to my heart.

You've seen these photos before. They were taken on Baru too. Sunset walks are to die for. 


I have an ongoing love affair with Dominical beaches: wide as a Walmart, flat as a tortilla and perfectly soft barefoot. The warm waters of the Pacific washing over your toes doesn't hurt either, especially in January. Heaven on Earth.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

15 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

So beautiful! You make me want to visit!

Susie of Arabia said...

Such beautiful beach photos. I especially like the first one - it's magical.

Mary Kirkland said...

Gosh those pictures are so pretty. Almost makes me want to travel...almost. lol

Angie said...

Sharon - perhaps one day I will see Macaws in the wild - that will be a jaw-dropping day! Thanks for linking with Mosaic Monday!

Fun60 said...

Those empty beaches look so inviting. No wonder you call it Heaven on Earth.

Tanza Erlambang said...

Thank you for sharing beautiful photos from peace and calm places as always.... I wish to be there..

Have a wonderful day

Duwan @MakeLikeAnApeman said...

I'd love to see scarlet macaws in the wild. And I love seeing beautiful serene sans covid carriers.

DJan said...

Wow on all these magnificent photos. You never fail to make me smile at the beauty you capture with your eagle eye. :-)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

It must have been so wonderful to walk on a beach unafraid of Covid! Costa Rica is a place I would love to spend more time. (So many places, so little time, so much pandemic.)

Klara S said...

Such a wonderful place and wonderful shots!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Baru looks like heaven to visit

Spare Parts and Pics said...

I think Heaven on Earth is an accurate description. Beautiful location and photos!

betty-NZ said...

What a fabulous 'corner' you found! The beach is always a great place for photos.

Thanks for being part of 'My Corner of the World' this week!

Light and Voices said...

Greetings and Salutations! You write like a poet. Your vision is like a photographer. I need to check out your illustrations. Top notch person with passion in all that you do!

Amy Johnson said...

I can not even imagine the thrill it would be to see Parrots flying in the air like that. Thank you for the party.