Monday, June 13, 2022

Dominicalito: My 1,000th Post!


Pura Vida on my beloved Dominicalito beach in Costa Rica. The photo above inspired my article published in Ballena Tales last winter.  I love the fisherman's evident joy! You can read my Dominicalito article on my creative writing blog.

 

I've been blogging since the Eisenhower administration - or thereabouts. I started Sharon's Paws Create during my early years of freelancing. I am an illustrator of children's books; I can state with glee that I illustrated three. :) But I collaborated on two more, so I favor the number five.

My early blog posts resembled a television variety show, with recipes, illustrations, cute cats, random travel tidbits, creepy crafts, and even a dust bunny: cat hair with ears. See below...


The gory days of Sharon's Paws Create.

I finally found my blogging mojo, concentrating on traveling feet, renaming my blog Sharon's Souvenirs - more fun ensued. (at least for me)

Next September, I'm moving my blog to a new author website because goodness, gracious, great books of fire, Ten16 Press is publishing my manuscript! 
Hooray!

Soon, THE LEVITATION GAME will be a book of unspecified success. 

My camera will still wander. I plan to blog as usual. But just in a different location. Follow my feet as they traverse the best beach this side of the equator...











A mystery skull. An Iguana perhaps?








My illustrated map of Dominical, Costa Rica.

Thanks for visiting blogging friends.

Please stay tuned!



 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

13 comments:

VENTANA DE FOTO said...

Son muy buenas las fotografías de esta serie. Me preocupa el el cambio de tu blog. Ahora tu blog, figura en mi lista de bñogs y se actualiza cuando hay una nueva publicación. Ahora si introduzco un blog nuevo, aunque lo haga en el sitio que estaba otro blog, no me permite las actualizaciones y solamente figura el nombre del blog. Seguramente puede que hayán establecido el número de blogs y yo he sobrepasado la cantidad.

Besos

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Congratulations on 1,000 posts, Sharon, and for getting a new author website I'm looking forward to hearing more about your book.

This is a very interesting, wild-looking beach. I know I'd love to explore it.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How wonderful! I'm excited for you and I'm glad you're going to continue so that we can enjoy some of the places you visit! Happy blogging! Well done my friend!

Lydia C. Lee said...

Congratulations on 1000! That's huge!

Angie said...

Sharon - congratulations on the publication of your manuscript! I look forward to more "following your feet" and seeing all your success! Thanks for linking to Mosiac Monday!

dee Nambiar said...

That's a lovely photo feature on Dominicalito Beach, Sharon.

Congratulations on the 1000th post. And all the best for the author site. :)

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Whooohoooo! Congratulations, Sharon, on getting your book published and for 1,000 posts! Way to go! And, thanks for sharing your photos of life at that particular beach. Cheers!

Linda said...

Congratulations!

Einari Sinappi said...

I drink coffee named Costa Rica. Congrats on your 1K! I´ve been blogging since 2005. My current blog is number 50 or so. Us dinosaurs.. 😊

Light and Voices said...

Count me in for following your feet. Congratulations on your manuscript being published. Hip, Hip, Hooray!

Amy Johnson said...

Your photos are so incredible! They have such beauty and tell a story as well.

csuhpat1 said...

Such beautiful photos. Thanks for hosting.

bookworm said...

Congratulations on your 1000th post and the book publication - both well worth the celebration. That beach has some amazing views. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com