Monday, March 29, 2021

Random Costa Rica Cell Phone Photos: Part 2



"All trails seem to lead to waterfalls, misty crater lakes or jungle-fringed, deserted beaches. Explored by horseback, foot or kayak, Costa Rica is a tropical choose-your-own-adventure land." Lonely Planet

Sometimes, photos are too unrelated or unremarkable to create a themed post around, like these cell phone snap shots from my hallowed ground: Dominical, Costa Rica. But they still have something to offer, like the photo below, showing me wearing my favorite necklace. If I had wings, I'd fly back to Costa Rica. Today, follow my phone...



Gas station folly.


This is where I sat, across from the surf school, staring at the lovely, backless blond, while waiting for take-out from Mama Toucans. We didn't eat in restaurants, which was no hardship since we preferred eating back at our rental.  




Ventenas Beach.



"I'm melting into the concrete, concentrating on all those tasty creepy-crawlies I just consumed, instead of the hovering giants with phones. Burp, croak, ribbet," said the Toad.


Cigar box collections



Dominicalito Sunset.


The view from our digs.


Toad watchers.


Besties.

P.S. Have you read Hollow Kingdom? Kira Jane Buxton is a cross between Snow White, Henry David Thoreau and Kristen Wiig. I loved her book about a Cheeto loving crow so much, I wrote: Sanctions and Restrictions for Animal Consumption of Processed Cheese Snacks I hope you'll check out my post! It has zero calories. 













 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

14 comments:

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I've always heard wonderful things about Costa Rica - I'd love to visit there.

DJan said...

I always love seeing your photos. That sunset shot is incredibly beautiful! Your eye never fails. :-)

Photo Cache said...

You know I too take way more photos than necessary and I could only put so many in one post, so I get all these photos and nowhere to show them. Thanks for giving me an idea with what to do with my overflows.

Worth a Thousand Words

Shiju Sugunan said...

These are beautiful photos!

Amy Johnson said...

It's like heaven on earth! I can't believe how lush and green it is.

Jill Harrison said...

I don't think I will ever get there, so thank you for taking us along. Looks very lush, and I love the sunset. But then I love sunsets. Enjoy your week, happy travels, and stay safe. And thank you again for the link up.

Jackie McGuinness said...

I would go back to Costa Rica!

Tanza Erlambang said...

very beautiful place to visit...

have a wonderful day

Angie said...

Sharon - it's a waste to let those photos languish in your phone - especially the toad and the sunset! Sometimes I also get too wrapped up in needing a theme! Glad you didn't! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

betty-NZ said...

I love your memories from Costa Rica! Pictures don't really have to make sense in a group, I have found. Just randomness is a lovely way to share photos that you like, no matter when or where they are taken :)

Thank you for being a part of 'My Corner of the World' this week!

Susie of Arabia said...

Costa Rica looks so nice through your lense. That dinosaur looks ferocious - and the scenic shots are lovely.

DUTA said...

You look lovely in the first two pictures and in the picture with your handsome husband!
Despite my disappointment in humans,the first thing I look for in a picture is humans, and only next the landscape. In this post we have beautiful human beings and stunning landscape of Costa Rica!

Jim said...

Cool.

Mary Kirkland said...

The forest pictures and the sunset are my favorite pictures. Goodness, they are so beautiful.