Monday, October 19, 2020

Game of Skulls


We visited the Chaa Creek Museum for a Morpho tour and as a bonus, played the Game of Skulls. What’s that you say? You've never heard of that game? You must be living under a fossil. I knew the game would be the perfect post for Halloween month. To top things off - literally - I was wearing my favorite cat skeleton hat. (I ordered the embroidery patch on etsy)

Follow my metacarpals and phalanges...

"Our feet are planted in the real world, but we dance with angels and ghosts." John Cameron Mitchell


Yes, that's a tooth necklace in the left hand corner. 


Bones from Xunantunich.


Teeth from Lamanai.


Game on at the Chaa Creek Museum and Morpho tour.






To start the game, you collect ten cards with an animal from Belize written on the front. You take the card and match it to the correct animal skull. We only mixed up two! Obviously, the alligator was easy. How would you do?


"I wouldn't describe myself as lacking in confidence, but I would just say that - the ghosts you chase you never catch." John Malkovich


The Awesome Links:

 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

13 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Such interesting bones, skulls, skeleton. As someone who enjoys science I know I'd find this museum fascinating!

Trekking with Becky said...

Wow! I've never heard of anything like this.

Jill Harrison said...

I am sure the kids would enjoy this game.

DJan said...

I could only tell the one, which I guess is the alligator. But they are all very fascinating. You find the most interesting subjects to photograph! :-)

betty-NZ said...

How cool is that game! Wow. This time of the year sure brings out strange things!!

Many thanks for your link at 'My Corner of the World' this week !!

Powell River Books said...

Interesting game, especially this time of year. - Margy

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

So good and scary perfect.

Duwan @MakeLikeAnApeman said...

Very cool. I never saw so many human skeletons burials as when I spent 3 1/2 months driving around Mexico. It seems I might see the same in Belize. Your posts make me want to get back to Belize someday!

Yvonne said...

Well, this game certainly makes learning nature much more fun.

DUTA said...

I'm not familiar with the game. As I'm not a medical student or archeologist, I'm hardly familiar with the topic of skulls and skeletons.
However,I find the exhibits of human bone remains at the Chaa Creek Museum (especially the teeth) very interesting!

dee Nambiar said...

That's a nice game for the season. :)

Mary Kirkland said...

Lots of spooky pictures.

Amy Johnson said...

I have never heard of that game before. I think I'd get the alligator and that's about it. ha ha!