Monday, August 24, 2020

Miami Mix Tape: Part two


“I suspect that most people in the world will travel through or at least wish to travel through Miami in their lifetimes. I think it is on the same level as seeing the pyramids in Giza for many people. But, Miami is slippery: It is a place that is always that distant orgiastic green light while also being a hot, tropical, and very real place.” – Jim Drain



I didn't see the pyramids of Giza. Instead, I saw massive stacked rectangles. Miami is a mix of happy colors and bright sunlight, even though most of the fun happens after dark. The food is spicy and the streets are stinky. It's a salty stew of bikini bottoms and birds, masterpieces and misfits, glorious art and garbage, beauty and beasts, yin and yang. Follow my feet...







Who parked this? Sandman?












Peek-a-boo. 

"Miami Beach is where neon goes to die.” – Lenny Bruce











You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

16 comments:

DJan said...

Ohh, I love these. Especially the sandman's car, and the vibrant colors everywhere. :-)

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Wonderful series of colorful photos. I have only driven past Miami and have been to the airport a few times. I am not really a city person.
Take care, enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy new week!

Lydia C. Lee said...

I love that sand sculpture!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

You always find fun and unusual things to photograph, Sharon!

Tanza Erlambang said...

colorful photos....
love stone colors

Peabea Scribbles said...

Fun potpourri of photos. Most I've ever seen of Miami was on the TV show Miami Vice. You description is interesting though.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I love the old Art Deco hotels on S Beach - great photos!

Anni said...

glad you could share with us at I'd Rather B Birdin'

David M. Gascoigne, said...

My recollections of Miami are, unfortunately, not good. The airport has given me nothing but grief, and experience in the city has been characterized by traffic gridlock and rude people. I am sure there is another side, I have just never seen it.

DUTA said...

A mixture of colors, smells, art and garbage - that's my kind of city.
The ship looks very impressive!

Dawn said...

So many cool pictures. I used to think the shipping container ships were amazing until I learned that this is how human trafficing happens. Now I see them and wonder how many missing women and children are inside.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

We spent a few days there and it really was a different world from the part of Florida where we (usually) spend our winters. Perfectly great travel destination exactly because of that ....you captured it well in both pictures and quotes .

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Great photos, I'm intrigued now.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Amy Johnson said...

Miami is such a fascinating city. I would love to visit someday. I love that sand car!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Great post. I love your description of Miami. Very cool sand car!!