Monday, January 14, 2019

Costa Rica: Dos



Dominicalito Beach


New friends.


This was our entry way. Every time we entered the portal, we received a swooping, winged surprise. 



Ventenas Beach Caves. Feel the joy!

But, only at low tide.



A nocturnal run-in with a Praying Leaf Mantis! (that's our sheets by the way) He was the size of a human hand. When he turned his head to look at you, well, you wondered if he was contemplating how best to scale you with his sticky paws. Still, I was glad I decided to look at the stars - in flew a green surprise! They are common bugs in Costa Rica, but they are very hard to detect in nature as they look just like leaves when fanned out. 


Wide and wonderful, Whale's Tail Beach.



Sunset over Dominicalito Playa.

However, the sun hasn't set on our adventures in Paradise. 

Pura vida.


The Awesome Links:












12 comments:

Fun60 said...

Paradise indeed.

DJan said...

Wow! Beautiful as always. That empty beach with the great wave action is gorgeous. So is the praying mantis. :-)

Angie said...

Sharon - I can't decide what I like best, but the bat, the praying mantis and the whale tail beach are the top three! I look forward to more pictures!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

it is so beautiful Sharon Makes me want to go back.

Sue (this n that) said...

Such a wonderful place.
Those Praying Mantis are such alien looking creatures... their eyes!

betty-NZ said...

These are just wonderful images!!

A Colorful World said...

The colors! I am always so astounded by the amazing colors in Central and South America in pictures! Sure wish I could go some time. Love this post. That cave shot was particularly awesome!

betty-NZ said...

Wow! The beach is so inviting with such warm and beautiful scenery. Thanks for linking up at My Corner of the World.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

A real life beach buzzard!! I had a friend in a band by that name. Love your little bat friend, too, and the beaches are gorgeous. Whale's Tail beach looks like paradise!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Wow, I would never want to leave. Great photos!

Nanda kumar said...

Love the sunset capture

KB said...

Especially love the first shot