Monday, April 6, 2020

Wynwood Walls: 2020


 My favorite mural from our 2020 visit. The reflections are simply amazing - and timely - the characters are wearing masks. (pre-covid)

"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Brighter is right. A day at Wynwood Walls in Miami, Florida, is sure to rock your palette. The best street artists from around the world, converge, covering the walls with elevated graffiti art. Here's a sample from my lens... 










A plastic, recycled cat is on the prowl: a 3-D installation that isn't like the others.






A Parking lot ode to one of my favorite Netflix shows: Stranger Things.



The End.

"You have to systematically create confusion, it sets creativity free. Everything that is contradictory creates life." Salvador Dali

The Awesome Links:












You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

21 comments:

Handmade in Israel said...

Such beautiful bright murals but I especially love the cat!

Anne said...

A beautiful mural and photos! The bright colors are so vibrant!

Dawn said...

Oh wow that first mural, wow the color and how appropriate that they are wearing mask. I also love the wolf and the fire hydrant.
Stay safe
Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

Dawn said...

I also just dropped a couple of links to some old post. A trip down memory lane of sorts.
Thanks
Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Such colorful murals, Sharon. I also loved the first one the best--a perfect rainy day vision. Stay healthy!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What bright colors! So much creativity and beauty! WOW! Thanks for sharing!

DJan said...

Wow! I am so impressed by the creativity you showed here. I need to go back through these and absorb the vibe. :-)

Angie said...

Sharon - if you hadn't told us, I would have a hard time accepting that some of these are murals. Wow, wow, wow. The first one is truly special. I also LOVE the wolf and the parrot. Thanks so much for sharing this with Mosaic Monday. A very Happy Easter to you!

Photo Cache said...

A blogger once told me that every blog she visits features a different part of the walls. I have been there, but I haven't seen these. Love the very colorful murals.'

Worth a Thousand Words

Kirsi schreibt said...

Straßenkunst vom Feinsten, herrlich diese Farben.
Viele Grüße aus Deutschland
Kirsi

Marja said...

Beautiful I love colours and the top one is my favourite as well

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Wowza wow wow, wow!

Fun60 said...

We all need colour in are lives. Great murals but the first is my favourite.

Peabea Scribbles said...

So amazed at what their eye sees and/or imagines and then can put Paint or Draw it. You got some amazing shots. Thanks for sharing so I could visit some of the walls through your photography.

RobertN said...

Beautiful post.

Veronica Lee said...

Love the beautiful mural and photos!

betty-NZ said...

Such a great diversity of art! Love the murals.

I'm delighted to read your post at My Corner of the World' this week! Thanks for linking up!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

What great creative murals! I love colors!
Wonderful every single one and the words to go with it!
Greetings Elke

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Some amazing murals. Gotta love those vibrant colors. I like the recycled cat too! Stay safe and healthy.

Mary Kirkland said...

I love these, very talented people.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Such brilliant creativity! And explosion of color. I love it!!