Monday, February 3, 2020

Blog Archives: Wearing Iguanas



My favorite photo from our 2020 Belize trip was taken at the Iguana Hatchery in San Ignacio. Below is an excerpt from News of the Weird:





(Now, an oldie from back in 2011)


This re-configured-re-post is for DJan and other visitors who wondered: What the heck does she mean about wearing Iguanas? Here's what I said back in 2011 about our first visit to San Ignacio and the Iguana Hatchery...

We visited the Iguana Hatchery in San Ignacio, Belize and a good time was had by all. Well, except for the gal that passed out cold after holding a cute little critter in her clammy little hands. Ironically, she passed out after holding the baby Iguanas - not the big guy in the first photo.



Me!




That's a lot of Iguanas on my shirt. Even so, I don't think I came close to the Guinness world record or anything.

Hmmm...I wonder if we got all the baby Iguanas off our clothes when we left. This photo was actually taken back at the hotel. Just kidding.




I still love this shot.



Cute!


Color!




It was fun to play around with this old post - almost as much fun as playing with baby Iguanas! I still love seeing Iguanas in the wilds of Central America. They are as ubiquitous there as squirrels are to Minnesota. 

We didn't wear any baby Iguanas at the Hatchery this year. (but I did hold an Iguana Trail Tiki drink after) The best part was, nobody passed out! 

 The Awesome Links:












You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

14 comments:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I’d rather wear a dozens of iguanas on purpose than have even one fall on my head. For one thing it would be too damn cold if the second thing happened. It’s warming up here. Lovers Key should be perfect )). ....loved the post, it would be great to go back to Belize, with, this time, a camera and a blog. Our visit there was back in the dark ages.

DJan said...

Hahaha! Thanks for the explanation and all the cute little guys. They don't look nearly so cuddly once they get BIG. What fun, Sharon! You have so much of it all the time, I'm glad you share it. :-)

Photo Cache said...

Nice to look at, but I'm not touching those :)

Worth a Thousand Words

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

What a wonderful experience for your both to have. Your images are fabulous Sharon.

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Iguanas are fascinating critters, aren't they? Until I lived in Miami, I didn't realize they could get to be so big. There's a huge community of iguanas at Fairchild Tropical Gardens in the Coral Gables neighborhood.

Mary Kirkland said...

I love iguanas. They are such cool little creatures. I love all your pics.

betty-NZ said...

My goodness, they are adorable! What a great place to visit.

I'm so glad to see you at 'My Corner of the World' this week!

My Corner of the World

Fun60 said...

Great photos. I would enjoy visiting and being able to admire the iguanas up close.

Veronica Lee said...

These are, by far, the coolest photos I've seen today!!! WOW!

Happy Weds, Sharon!

Anne said...

I loved seeing the Iguanas through your eyes up close and personal.. I don't think I would be brave enough to have them on me or hold them. Lol What a wonderful experience you had.

Rose said...

That is a lot of babies! And they are such a beautiful green color!

Angie said...

Iguanas are amazing. I will never forget the first time I saw a blue iguana on Grand Cayman - stunning! So glad you brought this post back to life!

Amy Johnson said...

Oh my goodness, what a cool experience! I would love this!

Unknown said...

Do this hack to drop 2 lbs of fat in 8 hours

Over 160k men and women are utilizing a simple and secret "water hack" to drop 2 lbs each night in their sleep.

It's scientific and it works every time.

This is how to do it yourself:

1) Take a drinking glass and fill it with water half the way

2) Then learn this amazing hack

and you'll be 2 lbs lighter as soon as tomorrow!