Monday, January 27, 2020

The X Factor


22)

X marks the spot.

 First, you cross a jade-colored river on a hand-cranked ferry, then traverse up a jungle hill. At the top lies the ruins of Xunantunich, (Stone Woman) a Mayan ruin named after a ghost. I didn't see the woman in white with fierce, demonic red eyes, but I did see for miles. Wow! The panoramic view from El Castillo - the second largest pyramid in Belize -  is amazing.

This week also marks the end of Belize month. But never fear, I have a memory card full of photos. Follow our feet...





23)

San Ignacio mural.


24)

Luna the spectacled owl at the Belize Raptor Center.



25)

Malachite butterfly.


26)

The Queen.


27)

Eventually, the sun set on our time in San Ignacio. Sigh.



28)



29)

But there were more birds and iguanas to see in Placencia! I love the shadows on the Iguana's back. 




30)

A sunset sail with Daytrippers.




31)

A dock in Placencia. 

Yesterday morning, I walked barefoot out to the end of the dock, listening to waves kissing the shore. Flash forward a few hours: I walked up a set of steps and almost slipped on the dark, icy cement. 

Ugh. Trip's over. 


The Awesome Links:





















You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

16 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Belize is certainly a beautiful country to visit! I enjoyed all your photos

DJan said...

Wonderful pictures, as always. I gaze at them wistfully. :-)

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Fabulous photographs Sharon

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That owl is spectacular! My hubby and I both looked at your photos! They are amazing!

Angie said...

Sharon - you have an incredible eye for photography. The bird, the iguana and the dock are standouts for me. Thanks so much for linking to Mosaic Monday!!!

Shiju Sugunan said...

I enjoyed all the pics in this post. Amazing!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Kind of a bummer when a great vacation comes to an end. What an outstanding view from the top of the pyramid!

betty-NZ said...

That sounds like a fabulous adventure! The photos are so awesome and diverse. I can't wait to see more :)

Thanks for making 'My Corner of the World' a success this week!

My Corner of the World

Tanza Erlambang said...

aww....beautiful images

Mary Kirkland said...

Gosh, you really got some great pictures. Looks like you had a good time.

Linda Hensley said...

Gotta love that view! All great shots :)

Rajlakshmi said...

What a beautiful collection of photographs. The one with yellow sky and least looks so pretty.

Anne said...

You take beautiful pictures and capture everything so perfectly! Love coming to see your adventures and travels.

DUTA said...

I like to see owls. The owl looks very photogenic in the picture!
Belize tourism authority should pay you or at least thank you, as the photos in your posts are a great way of advertising the place as a major tourist attraction.

Veronica Lee said...

Incredible photography!

Happy Monday, Sharon!

Amy Johnson said...

Such a magical place! Love that butterfly.