Monday, March 25, 2019

Wynwood Walls


I love Naples, Florida. But it's a savory, unsalted chicken broth of a town. Miami, on the other hand, is a spicy gumbo full of andouille sausage, okra and the holy trinity. 

The first thing we did after traversing old 41 through the glades, en route to Miami, was visit Wynwood Walls. I swear we were the oldest people there. In fact, all of the college students flooding the murals and art galleries were practicing the new rude world order: walking while watching their screens, expecting every old fart to vacate the sidewalk lest be mowed down amidst of flurry of gray hairs. 

Still, miraculously, I managed to snap some photos with my phone, with nary a rude youngster in site. (I was quick)  

Follow our old-fartish footsteps...







Scary sponge-bob was my favorite!







A 60,000 dollar Cowgirl.

Wow! If Wynwood Walls was a soup it would be Borscht - exploding with color. The artists of Miami have been busy. In fact, they've been busy all over town. It's tasty.

The Awesome Links:




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

16 comments:

DUTA said...

Great murals! I adore borscht, and this is a tasty one!
I paricularly like the photographer and the one with the women profiles.

Calendula said...

Gorgeous walls! Wow!

DJan said...

Oh! Mercy! I am taken by the incredible color, even if some are really spooky. :-)

Linda Hensley said...

It must be wonderful to walk around there. Beautiful!

Lydia C. Lee said...

I love those areas in cities where the street art has real talent

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Fabulous vibrant murals Sharon

Little Wandering Wren said...

I'm a massive lover of Street Art too - that Cow Girl gave me a chuckle!
Have joined in your link party with thanks.
Wren x

Photo Cache said...

It's true what they say, people cover Wynwood Walls and don't see the same murals/graffiti. I had a post about the murals there, but honestly can't say I have seen any of these. Thanks for the share.

Worth a Thousand Words

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

They are all interesting murals, Sharon. A definite smSmörgÄsbord of art!

Lowcarb team member said...

What great murals.

All the best Jan

Peabea Scribbles said...

Old Fartish Footsteps...haha love it. What fun all that artwork. Thanks for sharing.

Klara said...

haha, good one. really nice murals.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

These are amazing. I found myself looking and then re-looking. LOL about the new rude world order. So very true!

Jackie McGuinness said...

I absolutely love street art and these are great. Especially the one on the door of the girl with the camera and cat, could be me. Well, I am one of the old farts, but I can dream.

These should be posted over at Monday Mural run by Sami. I post there every week.

Lady Fi said...

Such fun murals!

betty-NZ said...

These are definitely unique murals! Thanks so much for linking up at My Corner of the World. I do appreciate it!