Monday, March 18, 2019

Convento Santa Clara


The convent of Santa Clara was the fourth and last ruin site we visited during our time in Antigua, Guatemala. The convent was established in 1734 by sisters from Puebla, Mexico. Four decades later, an earthquake devastated the city.   

Even so, it makes for an intriguing photo safari and stroll. Follow our footsteps...





In the distance, a volcano fumes.











I love this photo.





Peep hole.





Texture and shape.




This is the final post from glorious Guatemala. 

On to the next!

The Awesome Links:





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

13 comments:

DJan said...

I love that photo, too. But then again, they are all wonderful, every last one! :-)

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Love the arches and the sky shots through the rounds

Lydia C. Lee said...

That shot with the volcano plume is fabulous! I didn't really realise the ruins were like that. At first glance I thought it was sicily.

Photo Cache said...

Beautiful ruins. I can imagine what it looked like during its heyday.

Worth a Thousand Words

DUTA said...

A lot of arches. I like that. A picture with a visitor (your hubby?); I like that too. And the volcano - always fascinates me.

kwarkito said...

What a wonderful serie of pictures. And an amazing place too. I like it

Jeanna said...

I traveled to a German restaurant parking lot where I was picked up by my cousins then driven a few blocks to the Capitol Square where I got out of then back in the car then traveled around the Square and took a gazillion pictures, does that count?
Very creative and cool photos. What is that about a volcano, I can't find out which volcano that is and if it's always smoking. Scary.

Tanza Erlambang said...

ruin sites look so wonderful....
have a great day

betty-NZ said...

I am always amazed to see so much of these ancient buildings still standing. Your photos are so bright and the angles make them pop :) And, thanks for linking up over at My Corner of the World!

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

Lovely. The ruins look very well kept.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Wow, the arches, domes, peepholes, textures... all so very cool! And it looks like you had the place to yourselves. Have a great weekend!

Lady Fi said...

Glorious blue skies and shots.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Those are the neatest sky pictures ever (through the ruins).... I Rey much enjoyed touring Guatemala with you !