Monday, April 1, 2019

Doubly Delicate


Moab, Utah spreads full circle today. (or at least by half) This was our last hurrah: the massive, 148 foot span of Double Arch and a final peek at awe-inspiring Delicate Arch. But, the trip wasn't over, we still had a pastel colored, lunar-like drive to Capital Reef. 

Double Arch is easy to see - no hike required. It was formed by water erosion. (duh, right?) But this is a pothole arch. That makes it more unique than other arches, since most are formed by sideways erosion. See, I do have new information! 

Follow our red-rock tracks...










I didn't leave with an iconic photo of Delicate Arch. (or, as some old timers call it: School Marm's Pants) Even so, if I counted photos like feathers, I could have stuffed a pillowcase. 

Follow me to the reef!

The Awesome Links:



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

19 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I have yet to venture far enough west to visit Moab, but I can see there will be much to see there when I do!

DJan said...

Wonderful pictures! I've been on those trails myself, but it's been a long time, and your amazing photographs bring the walk alive. Thank you. :-)

Photo Cache said...

Wow so beautiful. Still high on my bucket list.

Worth a Thousand Words

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I love the desert formations and your photos are wonderful!

Joyful said...

These are fabulous formations.

Fun60 said...

I am glad you included a photo with people in it so I could get an idea of size.

mick said...

Magnificent scenery and great photos. For some reason - I had never before seen photos of that double arch - really spectacular!

Lady Fi said...

Fabulous shots!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Stunning rocks Sharon

Lydia C. Lee said...

Impressive landscape!

DUTA said...

The dominant red color of the rocks is mindblowing!
I too like people in landscape pictures.
The solitary bird on the tip of the rock is a delightful sight!

Betty J. Crow said...

Love the red rocks. Amazing shots!

Andrea said...

That is truly a delicate arch, and i can't imagine the number of years of rains it had to create those erosion forming the incredible structure. I wonder if the color is because of oxidized iron in the rocks.

Peabea Scribbles said...

Such rich, rustic colors, and interesting arches. You always have the best experiences and photos. :)

Linda Hensley said...

Gorgeous! I love the way you shot some of these in such an abstract way :)

betty-NZ said...

What fantastic photos! This is a beautiful part of the world, thanks for sharing your images.

betty-NZ said...

I'm so glad you linked up at My Corner of the World!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Wow, Double Arch is AMAZING!!!! My double arch find in Joshua Tree is much smaller, but exciting none the less. Wonderful photos of an incredible location. Looking forward to the Reef!

Anonymous said...

Such a spectacular landscape! Very beautiful. Thank you for sharing!