Thursday, April 22, 2010

My Spring Art Tour

This photograph holds the reason why I don't paint many flowers. You can't improve on the real thing! Don't tell anyone. But I like my camera better than my paintbrush. Shhhhh...


The turtle fountain.








Every Spring I try to catch the tulips and crab apple trees at their peak. I'm so lucky to live just a few blocks away from the Rose Gardens at Lake Harriet.





This is an art blog. So here is a humble example.







I could set up an easel and try to paint this scene. But a photograph is better. So why bother.






O.K., yes I painted this.









What a beautiful day.



















This one is kind of neon. That's cool I guess.













The Rose Garden has two dramatic fountains.












These trees are peaking as I write this. All the above photos were taken on a glorious day last Spring.











8 comments:

Nina Crittenden said...

Absolutely beautiful photos and paintings, Sharon! You are truly gifted! :)

DJan said...

Oh my! Just beautiful. Happy Earth Day! You have certainly shown me how lovely it is in your part of the world, and I'm so happy to share it with you. Your pictures are wonderful, because they don't wilt. The flowers all have such a short life!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Sharon
The photos that your camera snapped a picture of are gorgeous, but they cannot compare to your art work. The flowers you painted belong in a story. They belong in a Tweedles story, because I would love to look deep inside and see the bumble bees busy at work.
Your flowers are so pretty
love
tweedles

Al said...

Hey those are nice paintings, I know you can paint those. And yes it really represents a beautiful day!

AL

Kathy said...

Great shots, great art!

Serline said...

You managed to capture so much beauty. My favorite is the turtle fountain - the colors, water droplets frozen in time...

Kim, USA said...

Your painting and photos are beautiful. Love it!
CC~Stuff toys

Shadow Shot Sunday

Sara Chapman in Seattle, USA said...

The flowering trees are just magnificent. Perfectly photographed, too. I love the shadows under the crab apple trees.