Monday, April 26, 2010

The Fiction Project: An unedited first installment...

A new Sun smiled down on Alajuela, Costa Rica. The first rays of light illuminated the trees and awakened a rainbow of sleeping birds. Soon a wild symphony swirled through the moist air.

"Good morning," peeped the yellow bird. "I'm hungry!" wailed the black bird.


A brown feathered Squirrel Cuckoo flew over the top of a Gold tree. One of the tree's branches bounced softly as the cuckoo landed in a patchwork of yellow flowers. Slowly a golden petal drifted to the ground.




It landed in the path of a leaf cutter ant. "Just another day in paradise," grumbled the ant.


This is the unedited, first chapter of my own personal Fiction Project. The first of 7 short and sweet stories about animals that fly or crawl, "Over the top" in Costa Rica. Over the top is my assigned theme. By the end of May the stories will be part of my Art House Co-Op journal. http://arthousecoop.com/users/sharonrwagner









7 comments:

Ellen Whyte said...

Nice colours. Do you have a publisher yet?

Al said...

That is so cool, looks like an illustration of life cycle? Okay, I'll just wait for 2nd chapter, don't forget the mushrooms!

The Chair Speaks said...

Such cheerful colours. Lovely!

DJan said...

I just love your art. You have such a gentle and happy way of looking at the world. I love the bird, the petal, the ant.

Christina Rodriguez said...

... Sharon, this is without a doubt some of the best work I've ever seen you do. I MUST see and know MORE! You did all these in Moleskine journal for the Art House Coop?!

Johnny Nutcase said...

wow..impressive! thumbs up!!

Anonymous said...

I really like your art, it's not only for children!