Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Don't munch on the mushrooms!

When I walked around Lake Nokomis yesterday I noticed that all the wild flowers were dried up and brown. And to make matters worse the wind picked up and Father Fall decided to make an appearance. He shouted in my ear to put on the coat...and put away the camera! But there are still photo opportunities. Many of my blogging friends have been taking beautiful photos at the farmer's market. The colors of pumpkins, squash and tomatoes mirror the beauty of our Fall leaves. And then there are mushrooms. A personal favorite of mine. Their varities seem to be endless. And the photo Op's are only limited by how many times a person feels like dragging out the camera. Then the Seinfieldian debate of whether that one over there is "photo worthy" begins. And speaking of Seinfield. What kind of joke would he make about the mushroom in the 2nd photo. Doesn't it look like...something?


































7 comments:

Margaret Pangert said...

Hi Sharon! I didn't know there were so many kinds of mushrooms! I love that last photo of the beautiful, scalloped, layered mushrooms. And that second one? Could be someone who had too many kidney transplants!
LOVE xxox

DJan said...

I think that second mushroom should be banned. Maybe you should put a big circle with a line through it? Great mushroom picture. Do you pick them and eat them? I hope not; I've been told some of the most beautiful ones are actually the most poisonous.

Al said...

Wow another variety of mushroom this time...now I wanted to eat something exotic like stir fried mushroom with oyster sauce? The second photo looks like a ragged doll and old ragged doll.

AL

SquirrelQueen said...

Beautiful photos, you just keep coming up with the most interesting varieties. All of the ones I see are boring, of course no rain in over a month might have something to do with that.

I'm like Al, the first thing I thought of was a rag doll. See how pure our thoughts are? Then I read you post and got the joke, very Seinfieldian. LOL

Judy

Kerry Maguire said...

Definitely a 'rag doll'!

Ziggy Stardust said...

What would Freud say about that second one lol?? I never thought about mushrooms being so interesting. You have really captured them

Anne

Nina Crittenden said...

I don't think I have ever seen so many mushrooms! Maybe you are the Mushroom Whisperer...