Sunday, September 27, 2009

Did I mention I have more mushroom photos?


























After my husband completed a full marathon in Duluth this month we decided to go for a hike. He was hurting a little. But who can resist the scenic beauty of the Split Rock trail. I complained about being tired myself having been sick with the flu. I wonder how long I can whine about that. My window may have expired. Maybe I can blame it all on the mushrooms. I knew I shouldn't have taken that Alice in Wonderland sized bite last month. My favorite picture from this trip is the charming little button growing out of the log. And look at the cool texture on the first photo. Don't forget to look later this week for more mushroom madness!







11 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pics Sharon, I love the 5 mushrooms inside the trunk picture. Your illustration is great too.

I have mushrooms growing out of a wooden bench on my front lawn. I love them. We just leave them as part of the decoration in the yard.

Have a great weekend.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

We love every one of these!
How beautiful. What a NICE camera!
xoxo
tweedles

SquirrelQueen said...

The little one growing out of the log is so cute. I also really like the design on the first one. You find some of the neatest mushrooms, I'm looking forward to more.

Judy

Al said...

Hi Mushroom Lady, no you didn't mention that you have lots of mushroom photos! And I enjoyed looking at them. The last photo is the one that I like the best.

Sharon, thanks for your best wishes and prayers for my Dad, he is well now.

AL

Ziggy Stardust said...

I hope you are feeling better. The pictures are really nice.

Anne

DJan said...

Yes, mushrooms growing unexpectedly in places that you discover, that's a real treat. So these pictures are a real treat for those of us you are sharing them with. Thanks!

Jan Mader said...

Who would have thought that mushrooms could be...are....beautiful?!

What terrific photos!

Margaret Pangert said...

You're right, Sharon! That little one growing out of the log is amazing! and then I like how you added the fall leaf--perfect. Don't those look like tinkling golden chimes on a ribbon growing out of the tree? I like that one, too! and of course your fanciful drawing with the butterfly! xxox

Nina Crittenden said...

Cute as a button!

Amy Vasterling said...

Holy Shitake! Earth's goodness in mold, yum! Slippery, velvety, tasty little morsels of heaven. Nice shots and great painting Sharon.

The morel of the story is, Sharon photographs and Sharon then paints.lol

Anonymous said...

Wow, those yellow ones making the "staircase" are really cool. I wish I could photograph mushrooms like you!