Monday, December 27, 2021

Duluth: Part 3



I'm ending 2021 with a post set in my home state of Minnesota. We traveled to many destinations over the past year, and yet, Duluth remains a highlight. I love the chalky colored, pebbly shores of Lake Superior, the meandering basalt lined rivers, and scenic, rocky hiking trails. This year, we enjoyed unseasonably warm weather, instead of brisk lake breezes. We watched the Midwest's best firework display from our hotel window, biked through towering rock formations along the Willard Munger trail, and dined at all of our favorite up-north restaurants. Melt-in-your-mouth wild rice meatloaf with a buttery homemade brown gravy? Yes, please. We've already booked 2022! 

Follow me into the new year... 







My husband finished another Northshore Inline Marathon!

Twenty-one years and counting...











Gooseberry Falls.


Happy New Year blogging friends!

 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

8 comments:

Angie said...

Sharon - your collage is so stunning. I must make a New Year's resolution to get more creative with my mosaics - I think I am stuck in a rut!!! I earned my master's degree at the University of Minnesota, which is when I was introduced to wild rice. It has been a love affair ever since! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday throughout the year, and Happy New Year to you!

Shiju Sugunan said...

Another great collection of photos. I really enjoyed seeing your beautiful pictures this year. Wishing you a very happy and healthy 2022!

Joanne said...

What beautiful photos!

Villrose said...

It sounds like an eventful year.
Happy New Year!

Klara S said...

Happy New Year!!

Mary Kirkland said...

The rock balancing is kinda cool.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Well looks like Duluth is where its at!!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

I love that opening photo. Very creative. Happy New Year!