Monday, June 8, 2020

Sedona 2020: Cell Phone Sample


Desert Diamond Distillery. Our favorite rum - in Arizona at least.

“Dreams are reality that has not become true. However, in the hearts of some people, they have already come true. People whose dreams are already achieved in their hearts, and who can see that as they boldly throw themselves into it, have true courage.”
― Ilchi Lee, The Call of Sedona: Journey of the Heart




The Coronavirus couldn't stop our traveling feet. The beauty of Sedona hooted her siren song and we answered. However, the virus did alter our plans. We had booked a stay in Page, hoping to see Monument Valley, Lake Powell and Horseshoe Bend, but the parks are still closed. Sigh. So, Sedona will have to do. Not too Chablis!

There will be much more to come. But for now, follow our restless, sandy-red tennis shoes...






Cathedral Rock.






“The most earnest prayer that I know is to ask for the life energy of the universe to come down into my body and let my mind become full and overflowing with peace and gratitude.”
― Ilchi Lee, The Call of Sedona: Journey of the Heart

The Awesome Links:




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

21 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Sedona is such a spectacular and spiritual place, Sharon. I would not mind spending extra time there on a vacation trip.

DJan said...

As always, I love to see your beautiful pictures, taken with your exceptional eye, and marvel at the redness of that soil! :-)

Handmade in Israel said...

Beautiful scenery. My aunt and uncle until recently lived in Prescott. Not far away from what I believe.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I'd love to take a drive and visit a pretty area like this.

Gillena Cox said...

Happy mosaic Monday. Stay safe as you travel

Much💟love

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I wish I was close enough to travel there! I love that part of the country. And how funny to see a Flamingo there...they are more common here in Florida! lol Hugs!

Life Of 2 Snowbirds said...

This is my first time here! Thank you for hosting!!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Look at the rich red soil! It must've felt peaceful there.

dee Nambiar said...

Sedona is on my wishlist.
Hopefully soon. :) Love those red rocks.
How hot was it when you were there?

We were in Page in November. Hope you get to see Horsehoe Bend and Monument Valley, soon. :)

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I've always loved Sedona, even way back when as a kid in the 60's. It just has its own magic to it.

Angie said...

Dreams, courage, peace, gratitude. Words for our times! And stunning photos to go with them. The desert has a beauty all its own, and I enjoyed our time living on the east side of Phoenix! Thanks for sharing with Mosaic Monday!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

You did it! You traveled *anyway*! And you picked a beautiful place and one not too hard to stay away from crowds (assuming that was important to you at the time). You can go back another time to see the other places. There was plenty beautiful sights right there in Sedona. (And rum ...who knew? I dunno, for some reason your “in Sedona anyway” comment reminds me of a sign I’ve seen. It says “If you can’t be with the Wine you love, love the wine you’re with.” I suspect you could substitute rum, because surely when you’re in the Caribbean ....)).

betty-NZ said...

What gorgeous sights you found! I love the crags and shapes of the mountains. And, I'd be glad to sample that rum, too!!

I am excited to see your corner at 'My Corner of the World' this week! Thanks for linking up.

Tanza Erlambang said...

stunning photos of desert....love them all

Dawn said...

A flamingo in the desert, that made me laugh. Gorgeous rock formations.
Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

Jim said...

Great scenery.

Light and Voices said...

I dreamed about going to Sedona someday. On our 50th Anniversary, my husband and I could check off our bucket list...Sedona, AZ. Thank you for sharing such beautiful photographs of a very special area. Have a great weekend. Be safe.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Gorgeous photos, and can't wait to see more!!

Linda Hensley said...

If you can prove the rum fights the corona virus you could make a lot of friends :) Great shots!

Mary Kirkland said...

I've never been to Sedona but your pictures are beautiful.

Shiju Sugunan said...

What a lovely area! Your pictures are so beautiful.