Monday, March 16, 2020

Cell Phone Sample: Florida 2020


The Mickey D's in Little Havana, Miami.

Last week, I was blissfully unaware of the T.P. shortage (that preceded all-out grocery store panic) until my husband alerted me to paper-gate. We were in Florida, using copious amounts of T.P. at the in-laws condo. The good-old-days.

Obviously, I knew about Coronavirus. But I didn't think about the impact on grocery store shelves. Now that we're home, and facing an empty fridge - and a frighting economy -  I'm wondering what I'll find at the market. Sigh. 

I wish I had more for show and tell today. It has nothing to do with the fear in my heart - just traveling feet. 

Here's a quick, seven day sample of our trip...


There's a cute pile of hand-painted rocks at Crew Trails near Bonita Springs. They were embellished by school kids.


This is a wacky, old-time photograph from our hotel room in South Beach. I loved it!


Our visit to Wynwood Walls started out with a bang: a parking lot ode to one of our favorite Netflix shows. 

Stranger Things.


My heart melted over this Hyacinth Macaw at the Bird Gardens of Naples: a parrot sanctuary that's a haven for homeless birds and a must-see. (that's my arm -  complete joy on my unseen face)


If you go to Larry's Lunchbox in Naples, be prepared for a unique brand of customer service. The sandwiches are great! The service is famously surly - even the Soup Nazi was impressed.


This sandy car (in need of a serious car wash) was parked on Ocean Drive. 

More to come!

The Awesome Links:











You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

15 comments:

Handmade in Israel said...

Um, is that a real car covered in sand or a sculpture? The parrot sanctuary sounds like fun.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Fun photos! Happy St. Paddy's Day to you and yours!

eileeninmd said...

LOL, I remember that soup nazi episode, it was funny. Is that a car sand sculpture. Love the Macaw, beautiful bird. Stay safe and healthy, calm and happy! Enjoy your day, wishing you a great new week!

DJan said...

I love that foursome in the picture, too. What in the world happened to that car? :-)

Stevenson Q said...

that antique photo of four friends look very precious! That bird looks so colorful and makes me happy just as the colorful mcDonald's Tile Art! A lot of happy things you shared, I needed these. We are on our Day 1 of Lockdown in the Philippines!

Sending you greetings!

Stevenson

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Love that old photograph Great find. Stay safe.

Mary Kirkland said...

I love the macaw. They're such pretty birds.

Lydia C. Lee said...

I love sand sculptures - such an art!!

Peabea Scribbles said...

Love the pile of rocks the kids made. Hopefully, people spread them around or maybe that's where they placed them in a pile on purpose. So cute. Happy week and stay well. Enjoyed your visit to Peabea Scribbles

Photo Cache said...

Even with being told to stay home, I enjoy my armchair travel with your Miami photos. Stay safe.

Worth a Thousand Words

betty-NZ said...

What a fun bunch of photos! I hope things aren't too hectic in the stores there. We aren't experiencing any panic in the rural areas, but the big cities are a bit nuts. Hopefully it will all simmer down soon :)

Thanks for your contribution to 'My Corner of the World' this week!

My Corner of the World

Veronica Lee said...

Love the photos especially that macaw! What a beauty!

Happy Wednesday, Sharon!

Tanya Breese said...

Love the macaw! Wow on the car...it looks so real!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Very cool sand car! Yes, shopping is a real challenge these days, both from the perspective of coming in contact with crowds and also facing empty shelves. Stay safe and healthy, and go easy on the TP!

Shiju Sugunan said...

Precious photos!