Monday, April 29, 2019

A Wrinkle on the Earth...


Capitol Reef National Park is located in a Waterpocket Fold that stretches for one-hundred miles in South-Central Utah. We were dazzled and charmed by the layers of mineral hues, red rock vistas and in the heart of it all, an expansive orchard dripping with all manner of fruit. 

Fruit? In the desert? Yes. More on that later. 

First, we simply drove into the park for a look-see. Follow our tracks...
























Mule deer roam the park.



Plus, there's barn charm. Stay tuned as I wrap up Utah, summer 2018, with more posts from the reef!

The Awesome Links:



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

13 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Capital Reef is on my list of places in Utah that I'd like to visit one day, Sharon. It was nice to see a preview on your post today. It looks very scenic and not as crowded as other national parks in Utah are.

DUTA said...

Obviously, you're very much in love with red rock formations. Me too, only I'm more superficial in my love. That helps me go forward, look for other excitements (at my advanced age I have to be selective:)

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Beautiful desert photos - all right I'm intrigued - looking forward to explanation of fruit in the desert!

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful photos! My husband and I have driven past the Capital Reef Park, and remarked about how pretty the area is. Your photos are further confirmation.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Utterly amazing rocks and I love the horses and deer also

Stewart M said...

What a remarkable part of the world - it reminds me (a little) of central Australia.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

DJan said...

You have the best eye for beauty, Sharon. I love this place and look forward to more! :-)

Photo Cache said...

So beautiful. We are planning on a road trip here at the end of the month. I cannot wait.

Worth a Thousand Words

Lydia C. Lee said...

Lovely!

Peabea Scribbles said...

What marvels we have on the planet we call Earth, and your photography certainly does them justice. Have a great week.

betty-NZ said...

What fabulous scenery! It's so cool to see all those stripes in the mountains, they always amaze me :) Thanks for joining and making My Corner of the World a success!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Such an incredible location. I'm dying to go there for a visit! Your opening shot with all the mineral colors is amazing. As is your closing shot with the barn. Thanks for sharing, and have a great weekend!

Lady Fi said...

Amazing scenery!