Monday, October 18, 2021

Charleston Spirits



In Charleston, South Carolina, you may hear the moaning and rattling of chains at the old slave mart, or sample poisonous oleander tea on a sultry afternoon. Maybe, you'll encounter the restless spirit of America's first female serial killer at the old jail, or catch a whiff of rotting pirate corpses fouling a sweet Summer breeze.

 Remember, never fall asleep in Charleston, or you may fall victim to a boo-hag. A boo-hag can seep into your hotel room through a keyhole and suck the breath from your body, leaving you exhausted or worse, suffocated. If you're particularly unlucky, the boo-hag will skin you alive, using your shell to cover her raw goopy flesh.

You'll hear these tales and more if you purchase the Two Buck Tour ghost App like we always do. Now, you can tour the city anytime, alone, or with a ghost or two. We've toured Savannah, Key West, Charleston (six bucks total), and next Spring, St. Augustine. All for a whopping eight bucks! :)

Follow our restless souls...













Ha! Ghost shadows.








Oh, for heaven's sake. 



No space is wasted.

 

Classic Charleston!





 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

20 comments:

VENTANA DE FOTO said...

Lo tendré en cuenta, no quisiera pasar una noche de terror.

DJan said...

Wow, these are great shots! I think I'll stay as far from boo-hags as I can get, thanks for the warning. :-)

Shiju Sugunan said...

Beautiful pictures as always. That ghost app sounds like fun. I think the aliens in Men in Black were heavily inspired by the Boo hag folklore :)).

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Lovley shots but I will keep away from the Boo hag.

Jackie McGuinness said...

The boo-hag scares me!

Fun60 said...

I think I'll leave the boo-hags for you to dealwith.

Peabea Scribbles said...

Great photos of your tour. Would be perfect place to visit for Halloween. :)

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

A boo-hag.....now that's a new one to me, and glad I happened to escape it on my previous visits to Charleston! Thanks for hosting! I'm new to your party.

Lillian "sognafaret" said...

Thank you for showing me this journey

Light and Voices said...

Greetings and Salutations! Oh my goodness what a eerie, scary journey through that cemetery. Plus FUN! My favorite is the photograph with the three graves across the path to walk. We aren't suppose to walk across a gravesite. mmmmm, interesting? Do we dare? I dare you.

Revrunner said...

Now you tell me! After I already visited Charleston. No boo-hags crept into my room overnight, though. :-(

Spare Parts and Pics said...

I've never heard of a boo-hag, and hoping they don't make it out as far as California! A fun and interesting post.

Einari Sinappi said...

I love that cat. And the place ain´t too shabby either. Nice cyber tour of it. Thank you for sharing!

MARY JAMES said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
betty-NZ said...

Great place to wander. I really like that moss hanging from the tree.

Thanks for sharing your link at My Corner of the World this week!

Mary Kirkland said...

Great photos as always.

Lydia C. Lee said...

The Ghost sign is pretty funny. That one jammed up against the building, I wonder if it was someone not allowed to be buried in the graveyard but someone let them be buried near the church?

Amy Johnson said...

The cemetery with the white church in the background looks so familiar to me. I think I've been to that one. I love the church's Holy Ghost sign. That's hysterical!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love it!! Charleston is a great, ancient city to visit. We went several years ago when our son was young and took a ghost tour of the old jail. The guide to scare our son but our son just laughed at him.

Now there is an App!! All our lives are just going to be apps it seems.

customfloorsds said...

Thanks for sharing this informative post
Carpet reproduction
Custom made carpet
striped stair carpet Boston
indoor outdoor carpet