Monday, August 16, 2021

Weekend Walk-About


The other great Minnesota get together: The Internet Cat Video Festival. I wore my best, sparkly cat ears, and hoped I wouldn't acquire covid or distemper.


Here's a photo in front of my cat illustration: Bedroom Buddies. I love my tiara-ears that I picked up in Las Vegas.

Random Hotels are our Up-North cabins. Every weekend, we roam. This weekend wasn't as flashy and exciting as my cat ears, but we did have an epic bike ride, and miscellaneous amusements. It all started in St. Paul, at the feline festival and fireworks. Then our feet moved to Lanesboro, Minnesota, ending in Rochester, New York - cat scratch that - I mean 
Rochester, Minnesota. It was fun. Follow our feet...


The Root River Trail.


Whalen. (famous for pie)


Rochester


Forager Brewery. Yum!


Random shark in-a-tree. Ha! 


Whalen


Rochester


Rochester. 
Kidding! Just seeing if you're awake.
The Root River Trail is a Minnesota must-see!


Rochester


Lanesboro


Rochester


Is Tootsie Schacht a real person? Or is it a joke? Or both? 

Rochester has a huge goose-poop problem. Especially here, at this memorial. This mosaic tells a story. 


Rochester: Home of the Mayo Clinic.

Whalen and the epic-curious Rochester Farmer's Market.

Whimsey in Whalen.

 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

15 comments:

DJan said...

Loved the photos, as usual. I love the cat shark in a tree! :-)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'll be so happy when we can get out more and see things like this. Are those Tevas? that's what I wear in the summer time!

Photo Cache said...

You had me at Internet Cat Festival. I am going to check out if there's such a thing in my area.

Stay safe.

Worth a Thousand Words

Angie said...

Sharon - I went to the University of Minnesota for my master's degree, and I fell in love with the state! I need to get back there! Thanks for reminding me of all the reasons why! And thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

Shiju Sugunan said...

Lovely excursion and I like what you explored. Excellent photos!

Handmade in Israel said...

What a lovely weekend! I love the wheel and flower sculptures.

Jackie McGuinness said...

My kind of weekend!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Wonderful weekend exploration! Loved the photos of your area. I had no idea about internet cat video festival. Your hat and the tiara-ears are fabulous!!

-Soma

Mary Kirkland said...

Great pictures. Sure looks like you had a good time.

betty-NZ said...

Fantastic photos with so much color all packed into your little trip!

Thanks for sharing your link at My Corner of the World this week!

Light and Voices said...

Greetings and Salutations! Festivals are so much fun. I never heard of the Cat Festival in MN. What fun photographs you posted. Love, love, love, love this cyber tour of a Cat Festival in MN.

Vicki said...

Love your photos, especially the flower sculptures.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Beautiful shot of the Rochester skyline, and gorgeous sky. Looks like you covered a lot of ground!

Lydia C. Lee said...

That Sky in the Mayo clinic has some gorgous colopurs. Very interesting photo #NaturesNotes

Amy Johnson said...

I've never heard of the Root River Trail. It looks amazing! I will have to pin this for future use as I live nearby. Thanks for the party.