Monday, August 10, 2020

The Belize Botanical Gardens at Sweet Song


"What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have never been discovered." Ralph Waldo Emerson

We enjoyed a quiet, peaceful morning at Sweet Song in Belize. Delight sprouted from all angles: rainbow-colored Aracaris plucked nuts from the Governor's Plum tree; energetic dogs tussled along meandering paths and iguanas darted through the grass. Cloudy skies prevailed. But the air was warm and laced with exotic smells. There were pretty flowers and tall, blooming trees. It was January and there wasn't any snow. Nature was nurtured; our souls replenished.

Follow our feet...











A red scavenger sitting by spicy-red, Marie Sharp's hot sauce. Two good things. 





The beautiful Ararcari.



"The flower that is single need not envy the thorns that are numerous." Rabindranath Tagore


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

18 comments:

Claire Justine said...

Beautiful photos :) Thanks for hosting.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Beautiful photos from a tropical paradise!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What wonderful photos! I love looking down the tunnel...so to speak! And the birds are beautiful, especially the one next to the hot sauce!

Lady Fi said...

Just gorgeous! And what a coincidence - I was at the Botanical Gardens only last week here in Sweden.

Hootin Anni said...

Extraordinary images [if you ever want to share you blog that has birds, consider linking up at I'd Rather B Birdin' - linking opens on Saturday Texas USA noon and stays open for linking up 'til Thursday.]

I'm here visiting from my personal blog and Our World Tuesday.

by the way, you can find the link to my birding meme on my personal blog or follow: http://id-rather-b-birdin.blogspot.com

DJan said...

Love that horse's expression! Such a nice bunch of pictures, Sharon. And (blush) I'm thinking that you deserve every accolade that exists! :-)

DUTA said...

A visit to the botanical garden is always a great experience as our souls "get replenished".
Love your photos of the birds and flowers.

Trekking with Becky said...

Spectacular shots! I don't think I've ever seen most of the flowers you photographed.

Thanks for hosting! :-)

colleen said...

Love to look. I hope to go to Belize someday.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Makes me wish I could hop on a plane for Central America.

Peabea Scribbles said...

Cute furry belly looking bird, and the flowers so pretty. Thanks for the travel through your photography. Have a happy week.

Lydia C. Lee said...

I'd love to go to Belieze!! Looks so exotic!

Angie said...

Sharon - this brings back fond memories of Belize. Tropical flowers, birds and the ever-present dogs! Thanks for putting together a lovely post for the Mosaic Monday community!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

You captured a lot of amazing scenes. That red flower with the space tentacles tickled me the most. :-)

betty-NZ said...

Loving your photos so much with their colors on my wintry day :)

It's awesome to see you at 'My Corner of the World' this week!! Thanks for linking up.

Tanza Erlambang said...

garden contains a lot of wildlife...exciting

Dawn said...

What a wonderful trip and great pictures to remind you of better days.
Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

Amy Johnson said...

It looks like such a beautiful day! I love garden centers.