Monday, March 9, 2020

Zion: Part 2


Zion National Park. 

I'm letting my photos do most of the talking this week, as I'm running late with my post! Zion is part of Utah's big five. A favorite of many and a neck-craning drive. Follow our traveling feet...
















Eyes.


Tunnel peek-holes. They were built to get rid of rocks and debris while the tunnels were under construction - and what a feat it must have been to build them through the monoliths of Zion.








It's hard to capture the scale and grandeur of the mammoth rocks, cradling you from all corners. The colors and textures need to be witnessed in person. It's like walking among giants. 

The Awesome Links:





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

14 comments:

Lydia C. Lee said...

Majestic scenery!!

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Dramatic landscapes! Zion is high on my list of must-see places.

Photo Cache said...

Utah's Big 5 is beyond words.

Worth A Thousand Words

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Beautiful Zion! I hope to visit this national park soon

betty-NZ said...

Wow, wow, wow! That certainly is a stupendous part of the world! Thanks for sharing these fabulous images :)

Your link-up at 'My Corner of the World' is very much appreciated!

My Corner of the World

Veronica Lee said...

WOW! Zion is spectacular! Bucket list item!!

Happy Wednesday, Sharon!

Klara said...

Utah's big five are wonderful.

Mary Kirkland said...

Beautiful pictures. I didn't know bout the tunnel peek holes. I thought that was a cave.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

another really fabulous post

Anne said...

Beautiful landscape.. Be safe with your travels!

Klara S said...

Amazing place!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Spectacular scenery! Love that last photo. Have a nice weekend.

Linda Hensley said...

I wonder, do you just walk around and say "Awesome!"?

Stevenson Q said...

Makes me think of the Cars Movie! SO BEAUTIFUL!

Stevenson