Monday, March 4, 2019

Kane Creek


Kane Creek is nestled between 600 foot cliffs and the Colorado river, right outside Moab, Utah. We stopped to check out the petroglyphs and take a short stroll near the campground. When you're in Moab, it seems like the red rock scenery never ends. There's always a new spot to check out and explore. Heck, I have no idea how many posts I've published on Moab alone. However, the end is near. 

Only one more to go.







This desert varnish petroglyph site is photographed quite often. You'll see it in magazines and on T.V. (Especially if you watch Ancient Aliens like me!)


Here, I edited the photo so you can make out the ancient rock art. 





Another trail near Kane Creek.



It's fun to see the super sized ears on Mule Deer. 



Their butts are normal size.





Do you see the arch at the top of the ridge? 

Stay tuned for the end of Moab...



The Awesome Links:



Inlinkz Link Party

20 comments:

Linda Hensley said...

Do you think that's a spaceship in that petroglyph? I've never watched Ancient Aliens but I like the idea of aliens making rock graffiti :)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Moab is a cool place to explore. I must go back to see more of it someday soon

DJan said...

Moab is indeed beautiful. That second picture is truly breathtaking. I love your photography so much, Sharon. I can never get too much of it. :-)

Photo Cache said...

My kind of adventure. I really should start planning for visiting Colorado, so many beautiful places to see.

Worth a Thousand words

Lydia C. Lee said...

Looks great - vast, I guess.

Hootin Anni said...

I have always found that petroglyphs are astonishing works of tribal cultures!

What a fascinating place.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Beautiful shots of the area, I love that you got some of the wildlife also.

Lady Fi said...

Fabulous shots.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Love the edited ancient rock art and that lovely Deer. Magnificent rock formations

Klara said...

fabulous place.

Fun60 said...

The red rock makes for some great photos. Thanks for editing the rock art.

Sue (this n that) said...

Fabulous place Sharon. Great shots too. Enjoyed seeing the rock art, they always instil a feeling of awe. The Mule Deer is lovely :D)

Anu said...

What a wonderful place! Thank you for sharing these photos.

Rose said...

I would love to see these scenes in real life!

Tanza Erlambang said...

beautiful series of photos.
have a great day

betty-NZ said...

What a fantastic part of the world! I love all the crags and layers and colors. Thank you for linking up to My Corner of the World!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

The petroglyphs in that area are so amazing, as are the rock formations!! We get a little squiggle on a rock in Joshua Tree and everyone gets excited! Have a great weekend.

KB said...

Gorgeous

Stewart M said...

Very nice pictures - when I see pictures from these parts of the world I am reminded of Central Australia.

Very similar colours in the rocks.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

We loved Moab! And Arches and Canyonlands and all surrounding.... wish we could go back again...definitely a contrast to Florida isn’t it?