Everyday is a beautiful day at the Pier. Well, sometimes it is windy. And maybe cold. But as with any beach, there is always beauty to behold and discoveries to be made. I always see dolphins here. And birds. I think these are willets or sandpipers. Or willets and sand pipers.
You never know what the tide will roll in. I love how I caught my toe in this photo.
A footprint. Just not mine.
Out on the blue.
Out on the beach.
A vivid inspection.
What lies beneath. My favorite photo from Naples last year.
The ibis were picking and pecking.
The pier might be full of tourists. But it's just your feet in the sand and some birds for company a ways down.
Naples beach, Florida. A glorious way to spend a day in March!
Bonus Random 5 Friday
5 things I love about Naples, Florida
1) My sweet in-laws have a groovy condo there. It's sure better than a condo in Fargo. You betcha.
2) No matter how old we get we are still the youngest people there. Ha!
3) The people are so rich that they literally litter money all over the floor at the mall. (My in-laws will understand this one)
4) There's a Waffle House! I heart waffles. And cheesy eggs. Nuff said.
5) Tommy Bahamas has a happy hour! And pina coladas and their famous coconut cloud martini are on it. Nothing tastes better than one of those after the above photos. A prescription for winter happiness. You'll thank me later.
P.S. I just passed 100,000 blog visits! Whoo Hoo!