We have been suffering through a never ending season of Winter here in Minnesota. And last night I was feeling nostalgic for the beaches of Dominical, Costa Rica. I thought about how there is no place I would rather get out of bed today than Dominical. I would wake up to the loud and exotic sound of Howler Monkeys. Then head down to the beach for a heavenly walk. Afterwards, I'd have breakfast at Tortilla Flats. Yum. Then relax. For awhile. And after lunch maybe do some boogie boarding. So in honor of Earth Day I'm sharing my favorite spot on earth. Sigh.
I think these photos really portray the joy I feel in being there. The frolicking dogs are so happy to be alive. I felt like I was at one with them when I snapped these photos. I felt the same joy in my heart.
The morning Sun slowly warmed the earth and cast beautiful shadows.
Just another day in paradise. Happy Earth Day! Here are some things to consider today...
(at participating locations)
1) Caribou Coffee is offering free coffee when you bring in your own mug. Plus, when you "like" Caribou on facebook they will plant a tree in Central America. I might have to break my facebook fast for this one.
2) Free totes with eco goodies and coupons at Target.
3) Free seeds at Pottery Barn Kids.
4) Free entrances to our National Parks today!
5) Text "RELEAF" to 273283 and Michaels craft stores will make a donation to plant a tree on your behalf.