Friday, April 2, 2010

A Night in the Barn







I just finished, "A Night in the Barn" I can honestly say it was the hardest painting I've ever done. I put off starting it until the deadline of my upcoming show, Imagination, Exploration and Creativity loomed before me. It opens next Thursday night at the Minnesota Center for Book Arts. It was the lighting that proved so difficult in this particular piece. And don't even get me started on that Owl. But I can happily report that I love it now. (click once or twice to enlarge) My favorite part is the Moon, which I actually painted separately. I cut out the window and will mount the Moon about 1/4 of an inch behind the painting. It creates a window you can see through. And it takes real bravado to cut through a painting. Let me tell you! I'm in the framing process right now. The MCBA show runs from April 8- June 20. And it's a CBIG show. http://www.childrens-illustrators.com/ So there will be plenty of great artwork to see.


8 comments:

The Chair Speaks said...

Lovely!
Window and moon will have that 3D effect!

DJan said...

It's just great! And I love the pajama pants!

Cindy said...

Beautiful! You are so talented. happy Easter!
cindy

Carol............. said...

So many components...I can see why it was difficult but what a terrific job!

I want to be the one reading in that loft! LOL

Martha said...

Wow, it's beautiful!
Have a great weekend :-)

Taffy said...

Great painting, Sharon! It makes it more special because you had a hard time with it. And, yes, you probably will get barked at but your cat can certainly come with us on Date Night. We had some kitties at Ladie's Night. Please read that post if you haven't...its a good one!
Snuggles,
Twix

Cocorue said...

such a peaceful comforting painting.....love it esp the little mouse and the owl; both owls

we biggified it to see the details and that moon is soooo special

chikisses
coco

Ellen Whyte said...

I love this! You have a serious talent, but you knew that already, right?

I've just had a kids book accepted, and I'm writing another for release in November. Hope the covers are as cool as your work.