Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Here Comes The Sun!





After my Moon post, it's really a no brainer as to what I would post for photos. The first 3 photos were taken at Amor de Mar in Montezuma, Costa Rica. Sunrise was around 6 am. No wonder I could barely stay awake by 8 pm! But what great memories these pictures hold for me. It was a beautiful time of day there. The smell of bread baking in the oven was really seductive. But breakfast didn't begin until 7:30 am. Sunrise pictures were finished shortly after 6 am and we had to wait a whole hour and 1/2 to eat! By 7:30 that big old Sun was so hot you could barely stand to sit in it. But that's just the way I like it. But not all the pictures are at sunrise, the last two are at sunset. They were taken at Playa Hermosa in Costa Rica. The last photo is actually the very first photo I posted on my blog. That was on 1/22/09. So I haven't made it to my 1 year anniversary. Hopefully by then I'll be taking more sunrise photos someplace warm and exotic. And I'll be singing, "Here comes the Sun"!

























7 comments:

Margaret Pangert said...

Sharon, these are all magnificent photos in their own right. But if I had to choose . . .
No. 5 (last one) That deserves framing and putting in a congressman's office! Exquisite!
No. 1 (first one) I love the contrast . . is that a seagull?
We'll have to celebrate January 22! xxox

DJan said...

Oh Sharon, I agree with Margaret. These pictures are to die for. And my favorite? Well, that's really hard. Let me see (looking at them again): okay, it's a no-brainer for me: the sunrise framed by the palm fronds. Absolutely stellar. And yes, January 22, will you remind me again? Happy More-than-halfway Day.

Al said...

OMG Sharon! I love the silhouette photos of the trees and the bird, so breathtaking! Applause!

Here comes the sun...doo doo doo!
Here comes the sun and I'd say,
it's alright!


AL

Anonymous said...

Great pics, Sharon. Makes me fantasize about basking in some warm sun right now. Especially since it's only 48 degrees...

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

Just splendid!

Photos from Kas Plateau

SquirrelQueen said...

Wow, awesome sunrise photos. I love each of them, no way I could pick a favorite. I do like the first one with the bird, he seems to be watching the sunrise.

Amy Vasterling said...

These photos are amazing! WOW Sharon where can these be used? Somebody would pay ca-ching for these!!!!