Monday, June 14, 2021

South Carolina: 2021


Botany Bay near Edisto Island

a) Savannah, Georgia: haunted by living revelers and the dearly departed, decorated with historic architecture and oak-lined squares dripping with moss. To-go drinks, gumbo, and a tour for every soul. Then, there's Tybee Island for miles of fun and sand.

or

b) Charleston, South Carolina: Churches with ancient, beguiling cemeteries melting into the earth, soul-satisfying food like mouth-watering biscuits and pimento cheese, horses clomping the uneven, brick-lined streets. Mansions, flowery courtyards, mayhem. Then, there's breezy Edisto island and the wild beach at Botany Bay.  


It's a tie. 

Here's a sample. Follow our feet...

"My favorite movies of all times is 'Doctor Zhivago,' and I love 'Gone With the Wind.' I'd love to play some Southern belle or something where I owned a plantation." Dolly Parton



Charleston church


Brown Dog Deli


Middleton Place


A working forge at Middleton


Charleston walking tour.


King's Farmer's Market, Edisto Island.



Charleston shoe.


The Joseph Manigault house.


"I'm so Southern that I'm related to myself. I'm actually my own cousin." Ralphie May

Stay tuned for more!


 

 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

16 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I've always wanted to visit Charleston--such a historic and pretty place!

DJan said...

Middleton Place looks like a painting, it's so beautiful. And that cheeky cat has captured my heart. :-)

DUTA said...

The cat with the green eyes "steals the show". It would seem that me and Dolly Parton love the same movies: 'Dr Jivago' and 'Gone with the wind'.

Lydia C. Lee said...

I don't really know anything at all about South Carolina. You've made it look interesting tho.

Photo Cache said...

I love all the photos, but my fave is the cat.

Worth a Thousand Words

Shiju Sugunan said...

All gorgeous photos. Middleton Place looks great.

rupam sarma said...

Amazing clicks

Jackie McGuinness said...

We've spent a lot of time in that area on our driving trips.

Mary Kirkland said...

Beautiful pictures. That cat is cute.

betty-NZ said...

What great things to see!

Thanks for choosing to share your link this week at 'My Corner of the World'!

all types recepies and desert said...

Beautiful pic

Spare Parts and Pics said...

I've not been to either city, so I really enjoyed the virtual visit. The photos of Middleton Place and also the forge are outstanding!!

Martha said...

Beautiful collection of photos!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love all these photos. Charleston reminds me a little of Santa Fe in that they are both unique cities.

Amy Johnson said...

I love them both, but I must say if I had to choose it would be Savannah.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Our granddaughter and family lived in Charleston for a few years and we visited several times. Brought back sweet memories. We stayed on Wadmalow Island as that’s where we found a nice RV Park. It was called Charleston’s Backporch .