Monday, March 1, 2021

Feathered Florida



This hawk has bad posture and a pot belly. He looks so slouchy. Luckily, his feathers hide his paunch. In my younger days, I dressed up like a peacock for Halloween. I looked like a Vegas showgirl from a distance. Nowdays, I wouldn't mind a few feathers to hide troublesome spots. Of course, I'm joking about the fat bird. He or she is beautifuly trim. It's just a trick-of-the-eye. This week, follow the feathers...


Do you see the sign o' the times? It's annoying, when you find a mask in a tree. 


Woodstork.


Limpkin.


Great Blue Heron.




The first turtle looks like a chia pet.




Snow Moon.



White Pelican.


Blue Beauty.


I entered Audubon's call for Florida bird and nature photos last Fall. They made a staggering, 2,000 photo collage with the booty. I actually found my photo. Do you see it above the O? It's a beautiful collage. It would make a great puzzle. 

Click here! to read my Mermaid tale in an old-school, fast and furious writing contest. 





 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

18 comments:

DUTA said...

Masks - sign of the times. Indeed, it's annoying finding them in all sorts of places (like condoms, in the Past).

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Happy March! So many beautiful birds in your photos. We don't see many here perhaps because of the hawks and eagles that are all on the hunt.

DJan said...

I love all your photos. Some of those birds sure do have long beaks! Sending you big virtual hugs. :-)

Tanza Erlambang said...

a lot of wild critters....all are beautiful.
great shots

Angie said...

Sharon - congrats on your photo as part of the Audubon collage! I am thinking that Hawk had a BIG dinner and is having some indigestion ... When I am working on the mountain, I see masks in the snow, and can't quite bring myself to pick them up ... Thanks for sharing this fabulously feathered collection with all of us at Mosaic Monday!

Jill Harrison said...

My husband is the one that takes bird photos in our family, though I wish he would buy a birding lens! Have a great week and thank you for the link up.

Yvonne said...

Your first photo is beautiful, although I'm in love with the white pelican photos. Must be a rush seeing your photo in the montage of images by Audubon.

Susie of Arabia said...

You got some truly amazing bird pics here. Can't pick a favorite - I like too many!!! That's cool about the Audubon collage!

Peabea Scribbles said...

Fun description of the bird in first picture. Lovely bird photos.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Sharon,
Beautiful variety of Florida birds, the Limpkin is one of my favorite Florida birds.
Great photos, The Audubon photo is awesome. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post.
Have a great day and a happy week ahead.

Joanne said...

Beautiful birding shots! We used to spend early fall in Florida and I loved photographing all the birds.

betty-NZ said...

What a wonderful series of beautiful creatures! The mossy turtle is so cool to see :)

I'm glad to see you this week at 'My Corner of the World'!

Dave said...

Limpkin do close is really fantastic. I have had to travel a long way to see one in the past, and always at a distance.

Your right about the mask, add dog poo bags and coffee cups and you sum up the laziness of the human race

Duwan @MakeLikeAnApeman said...

We are going to Florida next week. I plan on seeing a woodstock. So many new birds. I will be overwhelmed.

I love how comorants hang out with pelicans. I saw some recently sans pelicans and thought it was odd.

So cool you are in the collage! Great photos.

Marja said...

Oh my Sharon some amazing photos here My favourite bird is the Heron and that photo of the moon is stunning

bookworm said...

Sad that the discarded masks are everywhere. Some have ended up on my lawn and - ik. Enough said. I enjoyed all your pictures. That first picture (the hawk) really was a beauty. No trip to Florida this winter for a brief break from our New York State winter, alas. Hoping for next year. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

Spare Parts and Pics said...

That photo of the heron is eerie looking! Gorgeous moon shot, and still laughing about the hawk's pot belly!

Joyful said...

Absolutely gorgeous shots!