Monday, July 1, 2019

I Love Liquor!


Miami is a photographer's rainbow-colored dream. I wasn't there long enough to take an extended photo safari, but, if you're staying in South Beach, the photos practically find you.   

Sunrise started it all. Actually, a dark, early morning breakfast at the New's Cafe started it all. We dined early enough to see late-night revelers strolling home, hung-over, on the sidewalk in front of us. Year's ago, we were visiting South Beach around the time of Gianni Versace's murder, just a few doors down. Now, the mansion has a restaurant. 

Follow my lens...



Classic color and Art-Deco charm on South Beach. You'll discover that each lifeguard tower has a different design and color scheme. Cool.




Since we're cocktail connoisseurs, I had to snap this sidewalk photo. 

Indeed! However, I don't love littering.


The parrots of Miami.





I find this photo hilarious. It's like the beginning of a writing prompt: The plastic Port-a-Pottie flew over South Beach on an epic joy ride, trailing toilet paper like streamers in an air parade. 

Here's a challenge: Create your own sentence for this photo and leave it in my comments.



Below our balcony, dinner was served.



Sunset over cruise ship row. Seeing the monsters lined up like floating planets is awe-inspiring. There aren't enough adjectives to describe the size of the behemoths they're shipping off these days. They're like floating water-parks. I prefer land. 


Happy Independence Day!

The Awesome Links:












You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

13 comments:

Photo Cache said...

It is one of those spots that would yield a ton of photos from a short time. A goldmine for photo enthusiasts, for sure.

Worth a Thousand Words

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

You got my attention with the title of your post!! I love all your photos especially the flying ports potties. I captured a similar image years ago in downtown Tulsa during the construction of a building.

Thanks for sharing the fun you had!!

DJan said...

I can't think of a better caption than the one you provided, Sharon. Your pictures are wonderful!:-)

Sandra Nachlinger said...

The one-of-a-kind lifeguard stands are fun, aren't they? And the parrots, screeching from palm trees. That was a surprise to me. Although your stay was brief, it sounds like you had a good time. Love the flying honey buckets!

Angie said...

Sharon - this was such a fun, interesting, entertaining photo collection. Whatever were those parrots doing next to that pipe? A nest? Listening to a conversation inside? I am not sure if you were looking for a caption for the potty photo or the one after it, but if I was going to write a caption for the potty photo it would be "So, George, wanna get a beer after this?" Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday and giving us all a reason to smile!

Marja said...

Some stunning images Of course the sunset images and the parrot is wonderful as well

Shiju Sugunan said...

So many amazing shots!

Small City Scenes said...

Sounds like you are in a photographers paradise. Loved all shots.
MB

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

All your photographs are wonderful however that 1st one is liquid gold. I have been away in Scotland at my sister's (so no commenting) and just about to go away again for 2 more weeks! But thanks for all your comments. Well life is short and I am making the most of it

Lady Fi said...

Gorgeous shots!

betty-NZ said...

What a great place for photos! The weather is almost always great, too!

Thanks for making 'My Corner of the World' a success this week!
My Corner of the World

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Wonderful photos! I've only been to South Beach once, but it is stuck in my memory forever. Love the shot of the flying porta potties, and I think you're on to something with that starting story line!

Stewart M said...

What a great selection of colours - I think pictures often find you at the beach.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne