Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Potato Flautas With Salsa Verde

I'm proud to say I came up with this non-recipe myself.  I say non-recipe because it uses leftovers and requires no cooking what so ever.  We all need more of those in our lives!  Have you ever had potato flautas at a Mexican restaurant?  Well, this is my take.  You'll need...  

*Good quality corn chips
*leftover mashed potatoes or your favorite frozen variety
*Your favorite canned Salsa Verde (editor's note:  I used Ortega because I usually have it on hand for when I make Chicken Pasole soup.  But it is not as good as homemade.  Check out my labels for a green salsa recipe in, "A New Twist On Taco Night")
*Fresh Mexican cheese (It is kind of like feta) 

 That's it!  Heat the chips and potatoes.  Add the Salsa and cheese and you're done.  Of course I just happen to have the best hot sauce in the world to shake on top.  Marie Sharpe's.  And serve with a side of beans.  And to make this easy meal even better...

Make a Margarita Paw's style. Add 2 shots of your favorite Tequila to a glass.  Then add 2 shots of Margarita mix.  Add one shot of club soda and 1 tsp of Agave Syrup.  Stir in the syrup and add ice.  Now that's a meal!

P.S.  The illustrated Kraft recipe contest is still on.  Here's a link and wish me luck! http://theydrawandcook.com/recipes/maui-luau-sandwich-by-sharon-wagner


5 comments:

DJan said...

This recipe looks like one even I could handle! And it sure does make me hungry, sitting here in the morning before breakfast... the margaritas would be a little out of place at this time of the day, though. :-)

Wanda..... said...

That would be a quick meal for leftovers...I will have to look for Marie Sharpe's hot sauce.

Good luck in the Kraft contest!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Oh yum- this one is a winner for sure!
love
tweedles

Serline said...

Great idea for leftovers. I really hate cooking sometimes. Simple is best.

Pat Tillett said...

Hi Sharon!
Yum! I'd like a few of those and a margarita to wash them down with!