Monday, April 11, 2022

Rescate Wildlife Rescue Center



I want to roar like a dinosaur! Do good things come in 3's? I hope so:

1) Earlier in 2022, my first magazine article was published about a beloved Costa Rica beach. Thanks Ballena Tales. 

2) Yesterday, Gary Gilson published a warm and fuzzy column about my magazine article in the Minneapolis Star Tribune. You can read it here! I'm feeling blessed. 

3) Later in 2022, my supernatural-sci-fi manuscript will get the green light and become an intergalactic sensation. "Hey universe. ✋I prefer a literary win over free dessert at the Cheesecake Factory or an extra 20% off my next Amazon order. Thanks." 😀

Until the universe decides whether to pick number 3, follow the wildlife in Alajuela, Costa Rica. The Rescate Rescue Center is a not-to-be-missed activity if you are in the vicinity. Once there, you'll think you are partaking in a sci-fi experiment, where dragons are interbred with iguanas, creating a giant new hybrid - the dragana! Be sure to leap the lizards, because they are so plentiful, they can be a real tripping hazard. Even so, it's a fun, creature-filled stroll...



The biggest bamboo in the world - literally. 









These rescued macaws were caged. But there is an open enclosure of mangled, bruised, and battered macaws that get to live-out their lives here. Boy, some of the birds have seen better days. 






My camera was stolen earlier in the trip, so these captures are miscellaneous cell phone junk. But, hopefully they tell the tale. 

Have a meaningful Easter 🐣 



 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

15 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Congratulations, Sharon! I'm excited for you. I've had a few articles published over time and I know what a wonderful feeling that is.

The bamboo grove is amazing! Our daughter gave us a tiny bamboo plant a few years ago and now it is almost 5 feet tall. I really don't know what to do with it..lol

Mary Kirkland said...

I love the pictures. That sounds wonderful.

VENTANA DE FOTO said...

Muy buena recreación, en un ambiente muy natural.

Besos

Joanne said...

This sounds like a wonderful place to visit; but I am so sorry to hear your camera was stolen!

Amila said...

Congratulations on your achievements. I remember this magazine article which I read a few weeks ago. It is nice how Gary Gilson mentioned you in a post. All the best for future achievements!
This rescue Center looks attractive and I enjoyed a walk through your photos...

Angie said...

Sharon - that bamboo is incredible! Love the large iguanas! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Congratulations on your publishing accomplishments!!
Great photos. Sorry your camera was stolen (boo to the thief) but the photos just shows what somebody with talent can do.

Powell River Books said...

That's some big bamboo. I'd hate to try to manage that in my yard. Great news about your scifi manuscript getting the green light. My husband Wayne's favourite genre to read and write is science fiction. - Margy

Lydia C. Lee said...

Bamboo is so crazy how big and strong it gets. It's still used as scaffolding on building sites in many countries....

Breathtaking said...

Hello Sharon. The Rescate Rescue Centre is a visual delight, filled with colourful wildlife creatures, both real, and sculptured. The huge bamboo is impressive. I know they grow tall, but never thought they could grow to this gigantic height. Oh, congratulations on the publication, well done!:=) It is such a pity your camera was stolen.I'm so sorry.
All the best.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Congratulations on your article, Sharon.
Wonderful photos from a beautiful place.
Happy Easter!

Yvonne said...

Sad that your camera was stolen. People sometimes are so shameful. Congratulations on your book. It will be interesting to read it, maybe...just kidding. I'll read it just to see how you put together an interesting story, although I'm not too keen on the supernatural. What is that beautiful yellow flower you photographed?

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Looks like a fun and beautiful place. Sorry to hear about your camera. I don't think I've ever seen such large bamboo!

Light and Voices said...

Greetings and Salutations! Congratulations! You go girl.....!!!!!

Ms Donyarific said...

Greetings from the Philippines!
Great capture and you have an eye for beauty and art. I like the bamboo trees, they are quite tall.
Hopping by for SWF :)