Monday, May 6, 2019

Costa Rica: Ocho


After driving by Jaco numerous times, and leering down at what appeared to be an amazing, endless beach, we finally stopped and stayed. Indeed, the beach was perfect for me - flat, hard packed, licked by a wide, warm tide and well-suited for a barefoot stroll. 




There weren't any hot dog stands on the beach, but luckily, the tide offered slices of toast. How convenient! Actually, it was just a weathered piece of tile. We creatively named it Toast and took a funny photo. I regretted not keeping it. Ha!






Turns out, busy, touristy, Jaco was better than expected. It was the perfect pit stop before another new spot: Playa Flamingo. You won't see any actual flamingos, but stay tuned...

The Awesome Links:






You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

17 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Love that blue row boat

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

That is a great mural and I love the last shot of the blue boat

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Great fun!

DJan said...

Your pictures are wonderful, as always. I love to walk on those kinds of beaches. :-)

David M. Gascoigne, said...

That tile really does look like toast. Hope he didn't break his teeth on it!

Linda Hensley said...

I swear, the sky is always a brilliant blue wherever you are. It looks like a fabulous trip and more great photos. Really loving that wall art :)

DUTA said...

Your shots, are photographic masterpieces. Each one of them: the solitary black bird, the long shadow and the tiny white object, the mural, the horserider leading the horses, etc..
Great, enjoyable beach trip, both for you and the reader!

Lydia C. Lee said...

Why did it get called Play Flamingo if there's no flamingos??

Joyful said...

Lovely series of photos on the beach. The tile really does look like toast!

Cristina - Memories of the Pacific said...

I love the mural and the blue boat! Great photos :)

betty-NZ said...

The beach is always fascinating, no matter what part of the world you are in at the moment! Love the 'toast', it made me smile.

I am delighted that you chose to join My Corner of the World!

Tanza Erlambang said...

lovely photos.... delicious toast...
Have a wonderful day

Jill said...

Lovely photos! I'd love to make it to Costa Rica someday!

Lady Fi said...

Fabulous shots.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Ha ha, love the toast!! Beautiful shot of the rowboat. Makes me want to jump in and paddle off! Enjoy your weekend.

Stewart M said...

That does look like toast! And I like the grackle as well.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

That looks like toast with peanut butter to me. Or maybe I’m just hungry! Beautiful walking beach.