Monday, March 12, 2018

Nine Reasons to Visit Guatemala!


1) Temple 2 at Tikal.


Today, I'm posting another sneak peak of our time in Guatemala -  nine sacred photos to honor the number Nueve. (in Spanish) 

The number nine was important in the Mayan culture and in broader terms, antiquity in general. The Mayan calendar "end date" speaks of nine cosmic forces that will descend on the crucial date of our demise. It also states that we are riding the 8th evolutionary wave movement and are getting ready to saddle up to the ninth. Yikes! Gulp. What does this mean? Maybe...

Yo, duuuude! Rad barrels out there!


 Click nine for the rest of the story. 



2) The glorious ruins of Antigua.



3) A Wiley grey fox.



4) Sunset at Lake Peten



5) A tripped out ride in Antigua.



6) A little bit of Greece at Lake Atitlan.



7) The landscape of Atitlan.



8) The Antigua Arch and some lovely ladies.



9) Me! (and a Volcano at sunrise)


I'm just glad that if the end really is near - or maybe the beginning - I made it to Guatemala! 


The Awesome Links:


18 comments:

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I've always wanted to go to Guatemala and see the ruins. I'm so envious

DJan said...

I remember years ago going to Guatemala and seeing the Tikal ruins. The picture brought it all back for me. :-)

NCSue said...

Marvelous photos!
Thanks for joining us at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2018/03/springtime-at-sarah-p-duke-gardens.html

Ruth said...

I have seen too little of Guatemala. I have been to Antigua and Tikal but I know I need to see the Atitlan Lake and other parts of the country. I loved the time I spent in the country (and the food I ate).

Photo Cache said...

I wonder if I'd be lucky enough to see this beautiful country.

Fun60 said...

Difficult to choose a favourite. The ruins look so interesting but couldn't take my eyes off the sunrise and sunset photos.

Lady Fi said...

Fabulous shots!

betty-NZ said...

Great images! That fox is just gorgeous.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh I loved the sneak peek Sharon! Thank you so much for sharing -- just beautiful ... would love to spend more time anywhere in Central America. Our tiny tastes have not been enough.

Peabea Scribbles said...

What a beautiful visit through your photo sharing. Interesting reading on the number 9. Thanks for sharing. I think I'll take the stance of sticking my head in the sand for now and not want to think about the end. There are too many things left to explore. :)

Peabea from Pictorial Tuesday

Kym said...

Beautiful place!! I would love to visit Guatemala!

Angie said...

OMG - these pictures are like a net drawing me in - each one better than the last - you really had me going with the volcano!!!

likeschocolate said...

Congratulations! It is beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Wow, I love that volcano sunset (although the other eight reasons are also excellent)! Muy bueno!!

Linda Hensley said...

Beautiful! I hope the next age is pleasant.

Pat Tillett said...

That seems like reason enough to me! I'd love to go there some time.
Really nice photos Sharon. thanks for the ongoing tours!

Jibberjabberuk said...

What a stunningly beautiful place. It looks so bright and colourful but yet tranquil.

Budget Travel Talk said...

Well that is the first Volcano sunrise I've seen! The Antigua ruins look fantastic. I can't wait to explore them.