1) Temple 2 at Tikal.
Today, I'm posting another sneak peak of our time in Guatemala - nine sacred photos to honor the number Nueve. (in Spanish)
The number nine was important in the Mayan culture and in broader terms, antiquity in general. The Mayan calendar "end date" speaks of nine cosmic forces that will descend on the crucial date of our demise. It also states that we are riding the 8th evolutionary wave movement and are getting ready to saddle up to the ninth. Yikes! Gulp. What does this mean? Maybe...
Yo, duuuude! Rad barrels out there!
Click nine for the rest of the story.
2) The glorious ruins of Antigua.
3) A Wiley grey fox.
4) Sunset at Lake Peten
5) A tripped out ride in Antigua.
6) A little bit of Greece at Lake Atitlan.
7) The landscape of Atitlan.
8) The Antigua Arch and some lovely ladies.
9) Me! (and a Volcano at sunrise)
I'm just glad that if the end really is near - or maybe the beginning - I made it to Guatemala!
The Awesome Links: