Monday, October 16, 2017

Internet Cat Video Fest 2017!



Here's my poor cat Hana binge watching cat videos. She had to watch them at home, since furry friends weren't invited to the Internet Cat Video Festival. 


I thought this would be the purr-fect post to continue Halloween month on my blog. After all, many of the cat lovers at the festival were dressed in full feline costume - or at the very least, they wore little furry cat ears. The festival isn't just for cat lovers, some people just want to do something weird. 



This is the photo I sent in this year. Can you believe they didn't post it on the big screen? Akua couldn't be any cuter. He can't resist any kind of container, bin, basket, box or bag. This year, instead of posting cat photos for a pre-video presentation, they uploaded real time instagram photos from fans. So instead of viewing cute cats, stadium dwellers were forced to look at ugly selfies from cat owners. God, I hate instagram. 



He's got a claw. (I mean point) 



I caught this guy yawning like a sleepy kitten. I call certain vocal cat yawns "Yows." 

Half yawn /half meow. 



Here's tiger-pajamas guy after a pronto pup break. Oops, I shouldn't utter the word "pup" here.  



Tiger guy number two.  



Black cat girl front and center. I know cats can stand a lot of heat, but that cat head looks hot and stuffy - not to mention heavy. 



Now it's super packed out there! Bring on the cat videos. 



Drones capturing all the cat-hem. 



O.K., they did post a few pre-game cat photos. But not Akua.



This cat is super photogenic. Still, my Akua should have been a cat-tender for the big screen. 




Unfortunately, the videos were over all too soon. The evening ended with fireworks loud enough to scare the dickens out of any alley cats nearby. 



Creepy.

Here's Hana watching "It" I guess she isn't as scared of creepy clowns as her Mom. This photo couldn't be more purr-fect for Halloween. 

Beware of clowns.
>^..^<
Happy Global Cat Day! 

The Awesome Links:


16 comments:

DJan said...

Your sweet cat picture is adorable. It should have won something! Happy world cat day, Sharon! :-)

likeschocolate said...

Clowns creep me out, but your cat watchign cat videos is too cute.
http://travelingbugwiththreeboys-kelleyn.blogspot.de/2017/10/upper-duden-waterfalls-turkey.html

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Are you sure it's not a case of cat cruelty making sweet Hana watch creepy clowns? Investigators may be on the way. (Actually she looks quite capable of handling anything. And she definitely should have been on that screen.

Sue (this n that) said...

Hi Sharon, your photos are gorgeous, I love how Hana likes to watch the videos.
Your commentary had me chuckling :D)

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

It doesn't make sense to have a cat festival w/o cats. Who wants to look at selfies from Instagram? I say bring on the cat pics!

carol l mckenna said...

Your Hannah photos are the best ~ She steals the show! ^_^

A ShutterBug Explores ~ aka ~ (A Creative Harbor)

Liz (Wimpy Fox) said...

Too adorable and not scared at all very brave cat...

Molly said...

This is so cool and I love the shot of your cat in the bag

Mollyx

Photo Cache said...

That is super cool. I have two furbabies at home.

Worth a Thousand Words

A Colorful World said...

Hana popping out of the bag should have been the focal point of the show! What a cute photo. Gotta say, those cat people are very strange! :-)

NCSue said...

Whst a sweet kitty!
Thanks for sharing these fun shots with us at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/10/wind-and-water-water-and-wind.html

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Akua absolutely deserved to be up on the big cat screen!! Very cute post. Enjoy your weekend!

Angie said...

I second/third/fourth the motion - I wasn't there, but it seems to me Akua should have been front and center!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Hilarious!! Yes, your kitty's photo should have been displayed. It is an outrage that it wasn't. Our current political situation has me looking at reposting lots of cat videos on facebook.

I love Instagram, I hope that is okay with you.

Linda Hensley said...

Why am I surprised that this event exists and so many people attend? This dog lover is shaking my head in wonder and laughing :)

Pat Tillett said...

Not clowns! Okay, I'm catching up on your posts, and started with the newest first. So I'm going back in time. In your "next" post I said that I can handle the ghosts, but NOT demonic clowns. I no sooner said it, and you trot out a demonic clown, in the very next post.
Once again my friend, a great post! I wish they would do that out here.