Monday, March 27, 2017

Playa Hermosa, Nicaragua


Playa Hermosa was a giant. A whopper of a beach. You can see Costa Rica in the distance.

The beach was remote enough to film a season of the reality T.V. show Survivor. But they didn't film a season here. They filmed two seasons here! Right on this beach. 



The cliffs were filled with Cacti.  


The beach brought on fits of peace and happiness for two familiar beach bums. 




There were small delights. 


There was lots of money. I've never seen so many sand dollars.


These shadows need some quick cash. There is a restaurant to spend it in. And lots of cold Tona.


This shadow is picking up a penny. I love the perspective! 
Me. 


Somebody didn't have great beach day. I think it is a monkey skull. 



Part of the fun, was just getting there. Cows and horses roamed free. 


Ha!


This is the road. Typical rush hour congestion. 


Excuse me!


Memorabilia from the restaurant. 


The end of the line. Needless to say, this beach was so nice we came here twice. My favorite kind of beach has soft, but firm sand for walking barefoot. This beach had miles of perfect pavement. We also checked out several grassy areas in the foot hills and tried to figure out where they set up the Survivor challenges. 


We walked on rocks, soaked in tide pools and tried to soak up enough beach time to last another year. Sigh.

The Awesome Links:


18 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

My wife and I have been watching the show a long time. It looks like paradise to me. I am assuming that they did a good job of removing all traces of the show when they left.

carol l mckenna said...

Gorgeous place and wonderful photography ~ love the cows and horses roaming free ~ thanks,

Wishing you a fun week ~ thanks ~ ^_^

DUTA said...

I like the many contrasts in your post: beach versus cliffs, sand and water versus rocks and cacti, people (in the shadow pictures) versus animals (cows and horses) etc..This contrasting display makes it all very interesting to look at.

DJan said...

What fun! Love your shadow pictures especially. :-)

Andrea said...

That certainly is a lovely beach, with everything someone wants to see. Personally, i love beaches with rocks because they normally hide the biodiversity which i want to take photos and observe.

Lady Fi said...

Such pretty shots.

Photo Cache said...

Aptly named beach.

Worth a Thousand Words

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

It is so beautiful...sounds and looks perfect....really Paradise.

Les Fous du Cap said...

Nous adorons les vaches, elles sont très belles ;-)
Céline & Philippe

Pat Tillett said...

What a gorgeous place! Your photos (as always) are beautiful.
You always show us some of the local "flavor." I really like that.

betty-NZ said...

A gorgeous beach always has a calming effect on me and I would love to wander down this one. I love 'Survivor' and would be looking for the places where they did the challenges, too! This is a wonderful place to spend time.

Ruth said...

I like Survivor but I have not followed every season. Therefore, I didn't know they have filmed in Nicaragua. Looks like a nice place for a show like this. Lots of cool rock formations! #TPThursday

Gemma Wiseman said...

Such delightful beach views. The waters look most appealing.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

How beautiful. Looks like my kind of vacation! Love the shadow shots.

Stewart M said...

Always something to photograph on a beach. I am off to the coast for a few days next week - I really cont wait to have some down time.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Budget Travel Talk said...

Wow what a beautiful beach. I know what you mean about perfect walking sand. I also love cattle on the beach and blocking the road. I've camped near a beach in Queensland with a herd of cattle sleeping outside our caravan. Love your photos!

Linda Hensley said...

It looks like a beautiful experience in every way. You're so lucky to have gotten to experience it. Thanks for letting the rest of us enjoy it 2nd hand.

Photo(Geo)grapher said...

What a gorgeous scenes!