Saturday, November 28, 2015

I lost 323 calories today. F***king seagull stole my snickers bar. (unknown)


My husband was embarrassed when I pulled out the camera to photograph a few gulls on Naples beach in Florida. They are pretty dime a dozen. I'll give him that. But a beach day certainly wouldn't be as entertaining without them.  And there are so many varieties.  This one was just strutting along.


O.K. This one is probably not even a gull. It's gull darn hard to tell. He looks like a Willet or Sand piper.  I guess he should have piped up that I was mislabeling him.  But he is too sleepy.


Now it's this guys "Tern" to be mislabeled just a gull.  


Here's a laughing gull.  Their call really is a hoot. I'd be happy too, if I spent all of my days flocking and frolicking on the beach.

 I sure had a lot of gall labeling all of these beach goers just a gull.

You have the freedom to be yourself, your true self, here and now- and nothing can stand in your way! Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

It's my true writing self, me, myself and maybe even Irene over at The Chorus of the Crows Be sure to fly over and scavenge up my post on Dangerous Minds!



18 comments:

DJan said...

Ha! What's a gull supposed to do? Guess it's pop over to the Chorus line. :-)

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Are you Gullible?

eileeninmd said...

Hello, cute post. The gulls, terns and willets do keep us entertained. Great shots! Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

Rajesh said...

Fantastic series of birds images.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

We hopped over to read tooo,,,!!
And we love this sleepy bird. Did he really eat your snicker bar?
love
tweedles

Stephanie said...

These are great shots!

Anni said...

I agree, without the gulls [of any kind even the 'mislabeled'] on the beach...it'd be pretty dull.

Loved reading your commentary along with super images today. Thanks for adding your link at I'd Rather B Birdin' this weekend!!!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

L.O.L., Sharon!

Seagulls are people, too!
~

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I enjoy seeing them all... Even the non-gulls
.

Linda Hensley said...

Okay, your word play made me laugh and I'm still smiling. Thanks! Pretty birdies :)

Linda said...

Sharon, I laughed about the Snickers bar! Seagulls eat just about anything! I love your beautiful photos. :)

Here in Quebec we call them "McDonald's birds" (in French...les oiseaux McDo"), because they are often found hovering or just hanging out close to McDonald's restaurants. They love the french fries! LOL! Not sure if you have seen this video or not but I had to share it with you in case you haven't seen it, as it fits in perfectly with the theme of this post. :)
Meet Sam, the Doritos thief! LOL! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqy9hxhUxK0

Unknown said...

The gulls will steal food from your hand if you're not careful, but I like them anyway!

NCSue said...

Cute photos, but your captions are priceless - one pun after another!
Thanks for linking up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/11/sparkling-crystal.html

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Fun fun fun.... And nice to know I'm not the only one who embarrasses her poor husband by taking pictures of some of our less unique species! ( also nice to know that a really, truly good writer shares my love of puns )))!

mick said...

Great photos of all the birds - even if not all of them are gulls!

A Colorful World said...

Great shots, Sharon! I'm still on my "break" but jumped back in today a bit. Will be writing that post for you soon, and try to catch up! :-) Have a great day!

Rohrerbot said...

Gulls and other shorebirds are fantastic anytime! I love them as much as any other bird. They are fun to ID. A Willet, an Elegant Tern, and Laughing Gull are shorely some of the best kinds of birds to photograph. No one should be embarrassed about these beautiful birds:)

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Beautiful birdie!
love
tweesles