Sunday, July 5, 2015

Going Green


"No, I'm not a crane.  I just have a long neck.  Idiot."



"Another tourist, another day.  Yawn.  Do my orange legs make me look fat?"


"O.K., I'll give the ugly wingless creature a beauty shot.  They will just keep looking at me until I do.  Weirdos." 

 There are a lot of Green Herons at Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary.  But I never get tired of seeing them.  But I always wonder if they are tired of looking at us! 

Now here are 5 random (But not for Random 5 Friday anymore) and hopefully funny animal tidbits to share...

1)  My husband looked out the window around 7 am this Spring and stated,"Our bunny is taking the walk of shame back into our yard"  Ha!  Good one.  She lives in our back yard all year and always has a batch or 2 of babies under the deck.

2) Stop the presses! 5 buck clucks are now 6 bucks!  And if you don't know what a 6 buck cluck is, it's a rotisserie chicken at Lunds on Fridays. 

3)  People have been putting a lot of cute animal videos on facebook lately.  Have you seen the one with the chipmunk who adores the soft bed sheets?  He just keeps stretching and yawning. Cute. 

4)  I was putting on hand lotion the other day and a smidgen fell onto the floor.  Akua ran over to lick it up. (my cats think everything on the floor is food)  He tasted it and looked up at me like I was trying to kill him.  Then he ran off and hid in the basement.  Good grief.

5)  On the other hand, my cat Hana loves the taste of soap.  We had to start using soft soap in dispensers to discourage her from licking the bars.  But when I do drag out a bar and lather up, she stops whatever she is doing and runs into the bathroom to lick my face or hands.  Weird!


15 comments:

DJan said...

Oh, I had to laugh at the hand lotion one. Poor kitty, expecting a treat and getting a mouthful of goop! :-)

Don Urness said...

Does Hana swear a lot. My mother used to make us wash our mouth out with soap for swearing. Oh sh.t!

Unknown said...

I love the orange legs. I had to laugh at the hand lotion one. Poor kitty!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Love the Heron shots and the nrrative that goes with them. slightly some wierd random 5

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

have never seen a green heron before, so pretty!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Hey green heron, who you calling an idiot! I know you're the same bird as the shorter neck one. Now. Granted, it took me a while to figure it out, but really I still think 'idiot' is a little harsh... And by the way, I t was nice of you to pose so beautifully for the photographer!!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Adorable shots.

Anni said...

Love the commentary!! And the Green Heron is all decked out in breeding colors! Wonderful.

mick said...

Great photos of the Green Heron. You were very lucky to have it pose for your camera!

Adam Jones said...

That's a super looking bird and fabulous pictures.

eileeninmd said...

The Green Heron is one of my favorites. They are so pretty. Corkscrew is an awesome place to visit. Thanks for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy day!

A Colorful World said...

Interesting five! Especially about the cats! :-) Love the heron shots and your commentary! Great post!

Gauri said...

I havent seen the chipmunk video yet!!!Lovely clicks and birds

betty-NZ said...

That is definitely a beautiful bird, even with the orange legs!

Linda W. said...

Excellent photos of the heron! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! :)