"No, I'm not a crane. I just have a long neck. Idiot."
"Another tourist, another day. Yawn. Do my orange legs make me look fat?"
"O.K., I'll give the ugly wingless creature a beauty shot. They will just keep looking at me until I do. Weirdos."
There are a lot of Green Herons at Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary. But I never get tired of seeing them. But I always wonder if they are tired of looking at us!
Now here are 5 random (But not for Random 5 Friday anymore) and hopefully funny animal tidbits to share...
1) My husband looked out the window around 7 am this Spring and stated,"Our bunny is taking the walk of shame back into our yard" Ha! Good one. She lives in our back yard all year and always has a batch or 2 of babies under the deck.
2) Stop the presses! 5 buck clucks are now 6 bucks! And if you don't know what a 6 buck cluck is, it's a rotisserie chicken at Lunds on Fridays.
3) People have been putting a lot of cute animal videos on facebook lately. Have you seen the one with the chipmunk who adores the soft bed sheets? He just keeps stretching and yawning. Cute.
4) I was putting on hand lotion the other day and a smidgen fell onto the floor. Akua ran over to lick it up. (my cats think everything on the floor is food) He tasted it and looked up at me like I was trying to kill him. Then he ran off and hid in the basement. Good grief.
5) On the other hand, my cat Hana loves the taste of soap. We had to start using soft soap in dispensers to discourage her from licking the bars. But when I do drag out a bar and lather up, she stops whatever she is doing and runs into the bathroom to lick my face or hands. Weird!