You never know when you're going to have a good time. (like last Summer) We decided to go for a walk after having a brew and some Cajun 2 Geaux (my favorite food truck) at the popular 612 brew. We decided to wander around at the Stone Arch Bridge. The balloon guy didn't disappoint!
I like how the blurry guy is looking up in amazement.
Dean is looking down with unknown thoughts.
I never tire of looking at the skyline.
Drying his wings almost out of my photo range.
And bold colors! I love this capture.
The evening glow is starting to illuminate.
There were interesting sculptures of some historic buildings on our tour.
This might be one of the most interesting art installations I've seen around town. There were at least a dozen or more historic replicas. Yup, you never know what you'll run into when you take a walking photo safari.
A classic shot of the bridge taken a few years ago.
5 random things I love about downtown Minneapolis. But not for Random 5 Friday.
That ship has sailed yet again. Geez.
1) In the winter you can walk in the skyways. It is a lot more fun than mall walking. Because you are rewarded with glimpses of the busy streets and downtown architecture every time you cross one.
2) The Oceanaire has a great happy hour. It includes Filet Mignon sliders, cajun shrimp with cheesy grits and a James Bond Martini. Yum!
3) Or (unrelated to downtown) how about a Vesper? "I never have more than one drink before dinner. But I do like that one to be large and very strong and very cold and very well-made" James Bond in Casino Royale, 1967 Bond switches to martinis after his Bond girl du jour Vesper meets her maker.
3 ounces gin
1 ounce vodka
1/2 ounce blonde Lillet
Shake ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with cracked ice. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Serve with a large, thin slice of lemon peel. Why? Because that's the way Bond liked it.
4) The farmer's market on Nicollet. Since my husband works right by it he can easily pick up fresh vegetables and other local products. Opening soon!
5) When I meet my husband for lunch I can get a great cupcake at Cocoa and Fig. It's right next door!