Saturday, November 8, 2014

Fall Beauty

Brown

Moonshine.  From The Moon of my Life and My Sun and Stars category over at My 3rd Eye  If you haven't heard of those quotes then you don't watch Game of Thrones!


Stunning Yellow

I didn't always have my camera on most of my walks this fall.  You start to leave it behind and it becomes a pattern. I missed the most glorious and spectacular sunset two weeks ago at Lake of the Isles.  Heartbreaking! But I brought it on this neighbor hood stroll during peak season.  All I know is that fall colors seem to get prettier every year.  But I think it is just because I'm old enough to appreciate nature's beauty.  



Glorious Red

Red vines.  And not the licorice kind.



The last digit is an odd number. Literally!  Or that wood pecker is doing a number on that garage.  Hee, hee.  I can't believe his head is in focus when he was hammering at a 100 beats a second.  Or something like that.



Glossy, stunning, red


The burning bush.

Now most of the leaves are on the ground, composting and turning to brown.  As with all beauty in life it is fleeting.   Enjoy it while you can.

25 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

beautiful colors, but such a naughty downy!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

All the trees with the magnificent colours are outstanding shots. Pity they do not last for long. Love the Woodpecker on the door. Have a lovely weekend.

Adam Jones said...

Wonderful Autumn colours and that Woodpecker is fantastic.

Ni de Aqui, Ni de Alla said...

Beautiful fall pictures! Looks like that woodpecker doesn't like #5.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Magnificent photos!! So clear- we can smell the leaves,,, its so splendid.
love
tweedles

DJan said...

Gasp! Fabulous pictures, all. :-)

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Lovely colors.

That moon shot is spectacular!
~

Unknown said...

I love the colourful leaves. The woodie is beautiful.

Anni said...

Oh the colors of Autumn. You can't beat it....except if you're a woodpecker.

Great post. And I enjoyed your narration too.

Thanks for sharing the link with us bird enthusiasts this weekend! Much appreciated.

A Colorful World said...

Gorgeous color you are still having! Lovely shot with the moon!

Hilary said...

Wow.. lovely autumn colours here. I especially enjoyed the moon and woodpecker.

Ida said...

Totally gorgeous foliage. I love those "red-vines" and the shot of the woodpecker was fun.

Sharon Wagner said...

All I know is that all of those colors are now covered in a blanket of white. Winter isn't just coming. It's here.

theartofpuro said...

These photos and colours are amazing.Thank you for the comment and i hope you found a good book for these snowy days:)

sunshine said...

Beautiful photos.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Well, you sacrificed your house number for a wonderful picture! And your Autumn colors are some of the best I've seen.

BumbleVee said...

Bad, bad boy!! They do a number on some houses for sure .... our neighbour is going crazy trying to keep them from totally destroying her house at the back closest to the golf course and trees. It is the new stucco over Tyvek.... apparently they love that stuff and you can't keep them off no matter how you try.....

Jen said...

Looks like that woodpecker has been busy. I see at least three holes. Beautiful fall colors.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Beautiful!

I'm visiting from 'the smitten Image'

Look forward to following you

Cheers, Mac

Anonymous said...

What stunning shots.

TexWisGirl said...

came back to say congrats on your POTW!

Barb said...

Glad yo took your "third eye" along for this walk. You got some stunning images. Congrats on POTW!

Susan said...

Glorious fall colors. Love this time of the year!

Dan said...

Congrats on your POTW!

Your images are beautiful.

Pat Tillett said...

Every one of these photos is gorgeous! Amazing colors...