Friday, September 26, 2014

Dreams Do Come True


I wish I was here.

There's really nothing else to say about this week's www.illustrationfriday.com theme wish.

But dreams do come true.  We're going there again in 2015.  Here's what I wrote a few years ago curled up in bed listening to the howler monkeys outside our cabana. It was probably around 4 am. I'm usually so excited to start the day it's hard to sleep.

The mist slowly thickened in the hills over the top of Dominical. A bolt of lightning flashed on the horizon.  And a blast of thunder hushed the chorus of cicadas.  Soon the vibrant green rainbow of forest completely vanished behind the clouds. The first rain drop fell on the leaf of the trumpet tree and bounced onto the large beak of a chestnut mandibled toucan.  The sparsely decorated branches of the tree were no match for a jungle rain storm. The toucan looked toward the ocean and quietly flew out of sight. 

To see photos of Costa Rica, birds, flowers and more... click here!  I've created a new photography blog called My 3rd Eye.  That's what my camera is to me.  


5 comments:

DJan said...

Yayy! Off to Costa Rica again, for more pictures and wonderful adventures. And of course more inspiration for your fabulous art. :-)

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

Lovely drawing and a lovely description of the approaching storm!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Whatever you paint-- its always
awsome!
love
tweedles

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

This place looks wonderful and I love all the birds on the boat. Have a good weekend.

theartofpuro said...

Great painting and description :)