click to enlarge
I took this rather surreal photo before stepping in the door after a winter photo safari. My photographic journey took me out onto my steps and onto the frigid sidewalk. Snap, snap. The end!
Of course I was being watched the whole time. I actually was thinking about the life of my spoiled brats compared with all the animals out there as the snow swirled and the winds howled last night. How do wild animals survive the winter? Meanwhile, mine were curled up in luxury.
Here are 5 random snow quotes for Random 5 Friday
1) “The snow began to fall again, drifting against the windows, politely begging entrance and then falling with
disappointment to the ground”
― Jamie McGuire, Beautiful Disaster
2) “A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water.”
― Carl Reiner
3) “The snow was too light to stay, the ground too warm to keep it. And the strange spring snow fell only in that golden moment of dawn, the turning of the page between night and day.”
― Shannon Hale, Palace of Stone
4) “Whenever she turned her steep focus to me, I felt the warmth that flowers must feel when they bloom through the snow, under the first concentrated rays of the sun.”
― Janet Fitch, White Oleander
5) “Snow flurries began to fall and they swirled around people's legs like house cats. It was magical, this snow globe world.”
― Sarah Addison Allen, The Sugar Queen
"Old man winter can go %$#@ himself!"