Friday, October 25, 2013

Mummy and Me


By now I hope you've checked out my House of Franken Cat illustration.  See my last post!  I thought this old photo of me and my friend Loren was a perfect match.  I mean, look at that mummy.  He definitely needs an iron.  And a good steam clean. It makes me laugh at how he is kind of falling apart.  And that face. Yikes!

5 random Halloween memories for Random 5 Friday

1)  When I was a kid one of my classmates stepped on my sheet and tore my ghost costume.  And I went crying to my Mom. I should have just kept it to use on Loren's costume.  Silly me. 

2) What is the weirdest thing you've seen stuffed into a nylon?  Well, if you are a flasher on Halloween you open up your London Fog and reveal an extra large stuffed (fake) thing a ma bob.  Maybe with some fake fur to add realism.  The good old days.

3) I could actually stay up until midnight to see who won the costume contest.  Again.  The good old days.

4) I kept disposable contacts on hand just for Halloween.  Serious business.

5)  Being Cleopatra for the night.  Priceless.

8 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Oh awesome picture. You make a great Cleopatra.

DJan said...

That could also have been called "Beauty and the Beast." You are gorgeous and your companion is, well, in need of a bath. :-)

TexWisGirl said...

too cute!

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

You look great as Cleopatra! I can tell you take Halloween seriously! :-)

Anonymous said...

Great costumes! Great memories too.....

Pam (and Sam)

Haddock said...

That is a lot of make up (for the Mummy)

Nancy said...

I quit dressing up for Halloween at around 12 -- looks like I missed out on some awesome parties. :)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

You know (or at least knew) how to party! ;))). Love both costumes, mummy and you!