An ode to rum...
1) I had my first rum and coke after a day of white water rafting on the Arkansas river in Colorado. Some dude in my group brought a whole bottle of Bacardi with him. I guess he had his priorities straight. Yum. I was hooked.
2) One of my favorite college memories is drinking Mai Tais at the Log Jam with my friend Jane on a sleepy Sunday afternoon.
3) My husband ordered a One Barrel Rum and Pineapple at Chef Rob's Gourmet Cafe in Hopkins, Belize. The waitress repeated it in her signature lifetime of cigarettes raspy voice. Another drinking memory was born.
4) The first time I ordered a rum and coke in Costa Rica, they brought a can of coke and a shot glass filled with rum. Viva la diferencia!
5) What could be better than finishing off the award winning Flor de Cana # 5 on our last night in Costa Rica two years ago? Going to Nicaragua where it is made and ordering a Servicio Completo. A 1/2 litter of Flor de Cana # 7, coke, limes and a bucket of ice. All for 5 bucks. Heaven!
For more random 5 check out A Rural Journal